Another hot topic - housing

W W Biffta":2md0chle said:
not eveyone who gets dss is a lowlife. its that attitude that has caused the housing problems in the first place.

1. I never said everyone is lowlife.
2. I live smack bang in the middle of a council estate so i know what its like.

Sorry if i offended you, But its true these so called apartments will be filled up by all the single parent teens, young scallies, etc, etc who cant get a council tenancy so the DSS will rent private for them. Then they will just get run down and mistreated. Then the people who have worked hard to buy there nice houses will be gutted at downturn in there investment.

W W Biffta":2md0chle said:
are you fo real? thats the only GOOD thing that will come of it. anyone who bought a house at those rediculous prices in the last few years was either greedy or stupid. most likely both.

And with statement it sounds to me like you're just bitter at people who invest in there lives to better themselves.

i am so glad we bought our house when we did...8 years ago... ok it is only a 1 bed thing but ....we didnt keep borrowing against it as the values went nuts so now we still have a mortgage for £29k :D
My mate who is renting nearly cried the other day when i told him my monthly mortgage interest payments had dropped to £50 after the last rate drop (we are on a lifetime tracker)

I work for a bank and some of the stuff I have seen over the last few years in secured lending you would not believe as banks were jumping over one another to increase mortgage book size....I reckon at it's peak if you had gone to wickes and bought a bag of cement you would of got a self build mortgage for £100k plus for it :D :shock:

Back