Forced off the road by a bus. Complain or let it slide?

Report them' i had a large bus hit the trailer that i was towing with my fastrac on a lane (he only ripped his mirror off) he reported me to my boss for dangerouse driving (i was stationary at the time) THEY ARE ALL C*CKS.

I agree with everyone else who has posted replies to this topic ...... REPORT HIM!!!! Complain to the bus company and the police, and if they don't take any notice ... then complain, complain and complain again!!!

I'm a fairly new mtb rider and I'm terrified about taking my bike on the road, even to go down to my local shop, because cars, vans and buses don't even seem to notice that I'm in existence!

I drive a Mitsubishi pickup truck and I'm always really careful when I overtake a mtbiker as I don't want to push them off, even with the backdraft from me rushing past.

I think all bus drivers should have to take a cycle test before they are allowed to drive a bus, that way they'll know how scary it can be!!

Also (my final rant , you'll be glad to hear!) I bet you that if you were riding on the same pavement as the bus driver was walking then he'd have a moan about "Things with wheels are meant to be on the road, only feet should be on the pavement!!"

Enough of my moaning, over to everyone else ....!!

Best Wishes,

Lollipops, xx

Just ride on the pavements its a far safer place to be, And if you are sensible near pedestrians no one will bother you :D

Depends where you are. If it's got lots of driveways or sidestreets, I'd rather be in the road thanks. And it's legal to ride on the pavement if you so wish in QLD, so it's not for worrying about a ticket either.

exbiker":2q67ttb4 said:
Just ride on the pavements its a far safer place to be, And if you are sensible near pedestrians no one will bother you :D

I can honestly say that I've never ridden on the pavement, and it's one of my pet hates seeing people do so :evil: - probably as a result of having it drilled into me as a child that "pavements are for people to walk on", and if I'm walking on a pavement I don't give way to groups of kids riding bikes either - I make them ride on the road, where they bloody well should be.

Andy R":1ugb6yih said:
exbiker":1ugb6yih said:

I can honestly say that I've never ridden on the pavement, and it's one of my pet hates seeing people do so :evil: - probably as a result of having it drilled into me as a child that "pavements are for people to walk on", and if I'm walking on a pavement I don't give way to groups of kids riding bikes either - I make them ride on the road, where they bloody well should be.

Each to there own Andy i suppose, I don't condone hooning it along the pavements but with the amount of knobhead drivers on the roads nowadays i think as long as you're sensible and give pedestrians the courtesy they deserve i cant see the harm in it, Ok its illegal but there aren't many coppers that say anything about it. A lot of the problems are drivers attitudes towards us, I used to frequent truckers forums when i was a driver and the bullshit that comes out of some drivers is unreal, they find it competition and fun to try and cut up a cyclist.

So for me i will stick to quiet roads on the road and busy roads on the pavements. Another point is i have been trying to get my mrs into cycling but she will not go anywhere near the roads as she's petrified of them.

exbiker":2piwi3mk said:
A lot of the problems are drivers attitudes towards us, I used to frequent truckers forums when i was a driver and the bullshit that comes out of some drivers is unreal, they find it competition and fun to try and cut up a cyclist.

So for me i will stick to quiet roads on the road and busy roads on the pavements. Another point is i have been trying to get my mrs into cycling but she will not go anywhere near the roads as she's petrified of them.

All fair points Simon, and maybe we're just lucky here in that we don't have to put up with all that sort of crap - generally speaking, it's a very cyclist friendly place where I live. In fact, many's the time I've been tooling along on my SS (spun out at 15mph then...) and an HGV has patiently sat behind me until he could get a clear bit of road to overtake me safely - I always give a wave of thanks and they always acknowledge this.
In fact (at odds with everyone else on this subject, it seems) I find truck drivers and bus drivers to be probably the most courteous drivers here.
The worst are the "thrusting young executives" (dickheads with too much money) in their Subarus and BMW X5's etc. I can't be doing with them, and that's not just their driving either.....

if you report the bus incident, prepare for repeated head/brickwall contact. i suspect they will not give a crap. had a similar problem a few weeks ago, was going round a left hand bend and a bus overtook me way too fast and close, clipped my arm and i went in a ditch. made a complaint, had to fill in a form, they know the driver from the time and route but i never heard anything back. hard to give too much of a crap really.
for the pavement issue. well its illegal to ride a bike on the pavement. but again the law proves to be an arse cos you see it all the time and no way to stop it. for me, its common sense, the road is too dangerous for a bike alot of the time so when it is i use the pavement. then you hear stories like that guy who killed a girl with his bike after riding down the pavement shouting he wasnt going to move, and it makes you feel i bit sick.
oddly just this winter ive been hit by 2 cars and that bus, but ive never been hit by anything before.
i suspect with all the new cyclists around drivers are getting more determinedly ignorant. i definately get alot of the "if youve got no front light, i might not be able to see you, so ill drive straight at you as if i cant" type driving. what is that all about? lots of repressed psychopaths around i reckon.

tonight about a half hour ago i almost got run of the road at the round about half way down my road he over took me on the turning as i was going straight over and he went left he now has a boot print and i chased after him to let him know how i felt :x :evil: :evil: :evil: twats in cars

I had a go at a wagon driver yesterday. He was parked up asleep in a lay-by, but so far over the kerb and up on the cycle path that he left about 20" to squeeze past. I dunno what part of it I hit but next minute I was on the ground picking myself up and with the red mist, front wheel jammed under his mudflap.

I kicked his door as hard as I could and tried to pull it open to ask him why the f*kcing lay-by wasn't big enough for him, but it was locked and despite my giving it about 10 seconds of the foulest language he was having none and I was feeling stupid, so I got the bike up off the floor and rode on. Uphill, so he could have come running after but there was no aftermath other than me feeling a bit light headed.

I don't usually get brushed by death on my commute unless I leave the cycle path on the way to work. My problem is I get tempted to race other cyclists who are on the road through roundabouts, when I should just chill and cross at the relevant points. The goal is getting there in one piece I suppose. At 15 stone I am never going to give Lance Armstrong any nightmares.

Just wagon drivers :LOL:

Back