Project Proflex 9/12/12 page 5

update and progress so far!! :D

got a phone call this morning from the powder coat guys, the proflex frame is ready for collection. so off i go to get it. i'm pretty happy with the finish considering they shot blasted it! it's not very orange pealy if you know what i mean so i'm quite chuffed. :D

took the frame straight to the shop, thread tapped everything and faced the b/b and the headtube then brought it home to start building :D

fitted they swingarm and started assembling the bars/ wheels etc. got the wheels yesterday, swapped them for the disc versions i had hanging in the garage. got the forks NOS from evilblagg a while back. i'm gonna build it with the best bits i have lying around excess from other builds so it's fsa bar/stem/post with xt mechs and deore shifters, i have got a chainset but it looks a bit crap so i'm gonna clean it up before i fit it but this is how far i got so far today. will get some stickers sorted at some point aswel.

hope you like it so far :D here's some pics, first propper use of the rebuilt mancave aswel! :D

Attachments

• proflex update 005resized.jpg
    proflex update 005resized.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 3,756
  • proflex update 003resized.jpg
    proflex update 003resized.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 3,756
  • proflex update 002resized.jpg
    proflex update 002resized.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3,756
  • proflex update 001resized.jpg
    proflex update 001resized.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 3,756
more pics :D

Attachments

• proflex update 009resized.jpg
    proflex update 009resized.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 3,755
  • proflex update 008resized.jpg
    proflex update 008resized.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 3,755
  • proflex update 006resized.jpg
    proflex update 006resized.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 3,755
Coming along nicely.

Shes coming along nicely. I've been mucking about swapping some the of the modern bits for some more period bits. Unfortunately i've only succeeded in making her heavier and more ugly. I'm currently on the hunt for some nice red forks. I like your girvins,I must confess that i haven't seen any single crown ones before.

Attachments

• small O & a 2.jpg
    small O & a 2.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 3,740
  • small proflex 001.JPG
    small proflex 001.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 3,740
my frame is a 96 but i think the forks are from 94 ish, being honest they do suck really but they match a bit, i'd like some vecters for it but i'm willing to wait until a cheapish set happen across here or ebay. :D

being honest though i like the modernish neo retro build you have there, looks cool :cool:

Now I normally wouldn't like those wheels , but they look made for that frame. Very nice, nice combo :cool:

@ pickle, if i get some vecters at some point you can have 1st refusal!

@kaiser, yep the wheels look pretty good in there, they will be the only bright bit so will make the bike abit flashy but not like over coloured

:D

Good old times....

Proflex_855_rechts_vorne_2.jpg

so today after my ride i decide to do abit more on the proflex, have hit some issues though :?

first thing was i didn't like the chainset i had for it, just looked crappy. so yesterday i had gone to my old place of work and convinced myself to buy a dues xc raceface chainset, not for the proflex but for my 07 clockwork, the idea being that then the chainset off the clockwork could go on the ST4, and the evolve xc from the ST4 could then go on the proflex, make sense? :D

anyhow i started fitting the chainset to the proflex only to discover that there were a couple of spacers missing so that needs sorting but worse than that i found an issue with the shock assembly :( basically it undid itself. this bike has a very basic damper unit, i had noticed that the suspension seemed very stiff, turns out someone has been farting about with the damper, filled it with so much oil that it had locked out!! :shock: so i tried bleeding it but i got it sort of working but i'm not happy with it so i'm gonna chuck it at gary at the shop to have a look at it to see what he thinks, although he'll probably throw it back at me and say don't bring that crap in here!! although he did help rebuild my mag 20's yesterday! :D

here's where i got to

Attachments

• todays fettling! 004resized.jpg
    todays fettling! 004resized.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 2,221

Latest posts

Back