Mantis Profloater Review MBA AUG 1993

MBUK

There was a good feature in MBUK as well, + I seem to remember a MBA test where the Pro Floater was tested alongside the regular e-stay bike.

The best comment in the review is the most correct 'full suspension bikes are not for every body' I wish the mags would say that more now. Then my wife wouldn't have been given a 40lb shit that i don't go near. I know the Mantis is in a different league. For 'jo public' he really doesn't need a bike that looks like a off road moto bike with out an engine.

The powder coat keeps getting preempted by other spending priorities. This month's was a 12-day trip to Japan. I have every intention of getting it done in April...

...but we'll have to see what comes up. :roll:

Re: Pot Kettle

mrkawasaki":3aexxm9u said:
April 2009...?! :LOL:

Well, I did in fact manage to get the powder coat and polish done. Pics of that are here if you missed 'em, but unfortunately the project has stalled since then due to being out of the country quite a bit.

What's the status of yours?

WiP

Mr Z,

Not gone the lipstick, powder and paint route - amazingly there is still some paint clinging to this Mantis... ;-)

Much detailing to be done before it hits the light of day. Struggling with the rear brake and rear mech cable routing for this model - the MBA picture shows the rear mech cable passing outside the swingarm pivot, yet other pictures I have collected show different routings - I think they're ll pretty compromised mind!

Still haven't found out if this is a Redline or an earlier RC manufactured one - in the MBA test the lower rear swingarm, spring and Mag21 lowers are green - was that a special or a production colourway - do you have any thoughts?

Mr K

Attachments

• Mantis Rear Routing.jpg
    Mantis Rear Routing.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 649
  • Mantis Routing.jpg
    Mantis Routing.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 649
  • Mantis PF 09 1.jpg
    Mantis PF 09 1.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 649
  • Mantis PF 09 1.jpg