Moral issue - stolen bikes

If he recieve a bike from his dodgy mates and you believe it's a stolen one, you should report it to the Police as simple as that, think of the real owner of the bike, the distress and losing his/her money of the theft of the bike for that lowlife of mate of yours' He doesnt sound a decent person if he is willing to accept a stolen bike and I wouldnt want hang around with a thief or even being mates with him at work, do you? :roll:

Shop him

If he comes in with a bike thats nicked then shop him. In my opinion he is just as bad if not worse of a scumbag than the guy who nicked it.
If I cant afford something I dont get it. I dont go and get a mate to nick it for me :evil:

Jamie

Steal the bike from him and then write a letter to the local paper saying that you found a bike dumped in a hedge and would like to trace the owner... Local rag will run the letter, original owner will be re-united. Your mates dodgy friends will hunt you down and hurt you.

Job done.

What about alternatives? Is there a bike recycling project in your area? The one near us will try and find/build bikes from second hand parts to meet different specs and budgets. They use volunteer labour and seem to have bikes from around £50.

Or do you have a bike to work scheme? My employer's scheme allows you to buy a bike and basically pay for it over 18 months - it's taken direct from salary before tax and is free of VAT as well.

I don't think you can condone your colleague accepting a stolen bike - maybe taking the stand you have an telling him that you will shop him will make him think twice!

And there are always the generous offers of free parts from other forum members - perhaps he could build his own - now that could keep him out of mischief!!

Very nice gesture to donate him a bike but myself like many other members of Retrobike i would suspect have not got a really high paid job and i have to save or sell old parts etc to complete my bikes which are my hobby, i do not expect something for nothing, so why the hell should some twat that threatens to get a stolen bike be given stuff free. :x :x

I think I'm just going to keep on making the point to him in no uncertain terms that if he acquires a bike that I think is dodgy in any way then he'll regret it... Believe me, I have no time for thieves either...

I am trying to get my work into the whole CTW scheme (I want a Charge Duster!), and he wants them to do it so he can get a decent bike, but my work are put off by them having to pay for the bikes up front at the mo - maybe when business picks up a bit!

In the meantime, I'm looking through all the local ads and am going to help him get a legit bike that way...

:)

He's got p1ss poor morals and you need to ask where that attiude will extend to in your friendship. I'd avoid a prick like that like the plague....or wait until he shows up using your wife's mobile after she was brutally mugged.

I aint no grass and to be frank, I generally dont have the time of day for old bill but if Iwere in your shoes I would put an add in the local Friday-ad saying - Bike found, blah blah blah, and give his address :D

If they see the ad and come round, how can he possibly say NO !!! Give's him a slight chance to redeem his pikey self and a chance to think about not recieving iffy items again ;)

Alternatively just shoot the sh*thead who stole the bike originally !! No need for your mate the middle man then !!

Report the details to the police asking if any one has reported a bike matching the description lost/stolen.If they have, they know where to go and you have reunited some one who worked hard for their bike with their property. If not your mate goes on about his business, but at least you know you have tried.

After all, his dodgy scally scumbag thieving mate may end up twocking one of our bikes!

certainly if I wake up in the morning to find my Pace missing, and your mate turns up on one, I would be keen to know where to send the troops.

Back