Bottom bracket fitting - modern content- photos added

I've seen a few of the XADC frames now and ALL the ones I have seen haven't been what I call shop finished :?

It will just need the threads chasing out and any decent bike shop should have the tools, whether or not you trust them to do it though is another question :LOL:

Funnily enough I've just sent off a road frame to Argos Cycles to have the same job done on an Italian bb as none of my local bike shops had the tool :roll:

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. Looks like some chasing out of the threads is needed and I've got it booked into the LBS towards the end of the week so we'll see what they say.

I'd like to have been able to solve this myself but I think it's best in this instance to let the boys in the bike shop do the job.... they are quite used to sorting me out by now...... I guess we all have to learn!

I'll report back in due course!

I'm ex shop...............and it still amazed me a little while back that i had to get a thread chaser to get out a tiny burr that was stopping a b/b...................please get a competent shop to do this............not all are so careful...........inexperienced mechanics can get confused with chasers as they are sometimes poorly marked left and right............ and both can go in either side to begin with as they are progressive (slightly cone shaped) as they go in.

Jones":1v838snd said:
Funnily enough I've just sent off a road frame to Argos Cycles to have the same job done on an Italian bb as none of my local bike shops had the tool :roll:

Not surprised really. I've been in the trade since 1990 and I can count the number of bikes I've worked on with an Italian BB on one hand.

Xesh":306ckegu said:
Jones":306ckegu said:

Not surprised really. I've been in the trade since 1990 and I can count the number of bikes I've worked on with an Italian BB on one hand.

I wasn't suprised either really :LOL: its a £300 tool so I don't blame them for not buying one for that once every 3.5 years job they may get :LOL:

Certainly there'll be a picture or two when I successfully complete the bike - and when it's passed muster with our resident retrobiker in Hereford not to mention the eagle eyes of the boys in the LBS!

In case you think I'm a complete imposter I do have a retro build that's almost complete as well on an Orange C16R so I'll post that on readers bikes when finished.

Carol

If you've got it booked in at the bike shope it will be worth asking them to face the headtube and BB at the same time. My 'budget' Ti frame needed quite a bit taking off the headtube.

Good news - the boys in the bike shop chased out the threads for me so bottom bracket is fitted - huge relief on my part that it wasn't more complicated.

No excuse not to complete the build now!

Back