bloke room/man cave/ garage rebuild!! i had fun!!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
over the last few weeks i convinced my dad (i have the misfortune of living at home at the mo) to let me convert the garage into my own little workshop. it's a double garage so i've blagged one side for myself. :D

i had to clear it out completely of all the crap the olds have in there, this involved several trips to the dump!!! dad never used to bin stuff, but he finally agreed he didn't need any of the crap that was in there! :D

so then there was the trip to the tool shop! :D :D

new bench :D new shelving unit :D work stand for the bike! :D new grinder :D

spent a couple of days building the bench, then sorting out the tool backboard, i still have to fit the vice, the workstand to the wall and put up the metal board thing to fit the little parts tray things but overall i'm happy with the outcome. i even have the obligatory old skool stereo! :LOL: it's got 2 tape decks!! :LOL: (must do a mix tape!! :LOL: )

and i've just taken in a repair/parts swap. :D my mates felt has v brakes and ceramic spinergy wheels, i have hayes disc brakes and the disc version of the spinergy wheels going spare so he's getting a disc conversion and i'm having his v's and rim brake spinergy wheels for another build i'm planning. it's worth it coz both sets are mint.

also, the new shed was installed and loaded up with all the gardening bollox. i stickered up the DR today and am chuffed with that and i found a little tray of bling bits i thought i'd lost and i got a 33 mile ride in today so all in all a good couple of days. :D :D

the only other thing i want to do is fit some reflective stuff to the back door so potential theives can't see in and then reinforce the door and window a bit more, never been a problem but just for paranoia really.

so here are some bloke room/mancave/toyshed pics! :D

Attachments

• bloke room!! 001resized.jpg
    bloke room!! 001resized.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,289
  • bloke room!! 002resized.jpg
    bloke room!! 002resized.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,289
  • bloke room!! 003resized.jpg
    bloke room!! 003resized.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,289
  • bloke room!! 004resized.jpg
    bloke room!! 004resized.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,289
a few more :D

Attachments

• bloke room!! 006resized.jpg
    bloke room!! 006resized.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,286
  • bloke room!! 007resized.jpg
    bloke room!! 007resized.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,286
  • bloke room!! 008resized.jpg
    bloke room!! 008resized.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,286
That's is a nice little set up, somewhere you can escape in your own world in peace and quiet. :)

that is exactly the idea!! :D

i think i need to find a way of fitting in a lazyboy chair and a beer fridge :D

Top work squire. Get a radiator plumbed into the main house loop now- make it warm for all year round fun!

I'm going to make a start on my new man cave (home version) this coming week. The house was flood damaged in September so has been refurbed. Should move back in on Thursday. Had a look yesterday at Mk2 Mancave, it's been plastered out and painted and had an on suite toilet fitted to it!! I found 10 boxes of hand made Mexican floor tiles in the local paper last month so I'll put them down too. Its going to be ace!

Where did you get your benches Jon?

Si

Nice :cool: , i have a huge single garage, needing to do work to it in the summer, was going to insulate and drywall the inside so was thinking of partioning off a 1/3 (would give me a 7'x12' space) for the bikes and bits etc :)

You definetely need a beer fridge and a comfy chair though :LOL:

thanks guys, i'm chuffed with it, spent loads of fettling time in there already!! :D

@Dr s, a radiator would be a pain to fit so i have a little heater thing, but it's all draft protected so it doesn't get too cold without the heater anyway, here is the bench i got, see link, found it on the net and got it from the local machinemart in southampton, bit of a sod to build initially but seems pretty solid now it's assembled :D

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... ench/path/

@Wu, that's the lime crosswork, the one that everbody has seen loads!! so i won't post another picture of it again!! :LOL:

@jimi, mini fridge ordered!! :LOL:

yep ages ago but lost the parts in the doldrums of the garage before the refit! :LOL:

the barend plugs suck though, they don't tighten up very well, so i found myself constantly checking they were there during rides so i removed them a fitted stuff that stays where it should be!! :D

Back