2007 Retro Goals...

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Now the resolution fads have come and gone it's time to get serious about planning the year.... IOM for the 100th TT; Glastos etc.

Ahem, back to this world...

Looking for candidates with a serious sense of humour to form a knockabout retrobike team for either Sleepless 11/12th August or Mountain Mayhem 23/24th June - anyone interested for the shortlist?? Credentials pleez...

No doubt JV will have our race shirts run up by then - I'm a slim fit XL pleez!

Having spoken to JV last year, I am also looking to organise a retrobike display at one or two of the bigger events this year for recruitment purposes (and showing off!) - again, anyone interested in the idea of showing up at events with a few tasty metal morsels (and a big chain!), pleez get on my list here so I can plan it.

Neil

Neil, I'm deffo going to the malvern ssmm weekend, was blessed with great weather the last two years that i've been, and seems like a proper well organised event, still not convinced that i would want to ride the event thou! but having said that still up for mucking in and doing a retro bike display/show off. doesn't seem hard to pull off, just a large marque suppose, but might incurr costs with the promotors. just my two-pennth-worth! if your going meet you there, cheers alan.

Totally up for this. Mr Kawasaki take the lead and get organising.

I'll help however I can - just yell.

Lets get a lst of attendees and also people who can help out with this. A simple marquee would be great.

I have a gazebo I can bring and my mate is about to trade in his fast volvo for a van so it looks like I could lug some stuff over with his help. In fact I'll just make him help.

Sod it - Ill just rob his van.

:shock:

More Thoughts

I was thinking that the organisers would pay us to put on a show - if we can guarantee 10 bikes or more then I reckon we'll get free entry and food! See my logic now??!!!

Hey, Jez can do the show on his own.... ;)

More anon, once we have a list of decalred interested types - BTW, the racing is only for fun, so anyone that just wants to do one lap and retire to the bar is fince to be included!

Neil

I'm keen, would be interested in Racing and showing off the Old bits ...

June - Possible (wife depending) Guess I could bring her and the nipper along.
August - More than possible.

Mind you most of my bikes would look cack next to Jezza's display.

Neil, we could smash ten easy! Jez proberly (spelling!) got ten in parcel force system somewhere! I'm keen on this idea and got my simple collection of three could take, i'm even up for a lap or two on the IF, she occassional comes out of the garage, anyhow if you what me to help, give me an action and try to 'muck in'. Just looked back at the 2005 gallery for interest, and folks how did this meeting come together? discuss, cheers alan

Could be able to help out on the display/bikes front, and may be up for racing at one/tother - need to see how that bit pans out.

Sounds like fun - well done, lets get it together :D

Wow, the wife has already said that she's up for it :shock: .... and the bike meets .. boom boom

Let me know what I can do to help... and well up for racing if possible.

I realised today I signed up for a road ride in Wales the same weekend as SSMM, but would be up for a SITS team. Racing the Ibis of course :D

Back