Singlespeed tribulations

Just built my first SS bike, and loving it ! Its a road bike I intended to use as a shoping bike, with a rack and panniers and even mudguards. So far this is whats its been used for and its great I can now see why people like them. Im planing a longer SS ride soon.

kaiser":191iutzz said:
:)
chris I've just finished the KHS this afternoon :D :D and it won't be going anywhere :D really really pleased with it :cool:

The KHS is very cooool however I never believe this sort of talk on here- there will come a time when some wanton bit of steel will flash her wishbone rear end at you and the KHS will be history- age old story.

I think you need a bit of Ti in your life ;)

Provided you don't do something irreversible like grinding off the cable stops, what's the problem with building it as a singlespeed?

But I tend to agree with Pickle that SS bikes should come from the bits box.

A single speed isn't a lesser bike than a geared or full suspension bike, it has it's own place and unless you're just trying it out to see if you like it or not then there's no reason why it should be made from the crap in your spare parts box (Assuming that's what lives in the parts box - it might be nice stuff. :D )

I like to walk into the garage and when I see my ss think 'that's a nice bike' not ' that is one pile of shite.' Same goes for my geared bikes.

stevek":16ny848s said:
A single speed isn't a lesser bike than a geared or full suspension bike, it has it's own place and unless you're just trying it out to see if you like it or not then there's no reason why it should be made from the crap in your spare parts box (Assuming that's what lives in the parts box - it might be nice stuff. :D )

I like to walk into the garage and when I see my ss think 'that's a nice bike' not ' that is one pile of shite.' Same goes for my geared bikes.

Too right :D

Back