1997 Boulder Starship LT

That thing is so bad ass. :twisted:

You are making me re-live the head tube crack all over again.

Makes my eyes want to rain.

New frame and transfer the goods, I say!

Yeah post some bigger pics and one especially of the hub. If you want to email those pics to me in a huge size that would be awesome. I want to print them and show my brother.

Dave_H":30sh8t7v said:
You picked the wrong one.

4760.jpg
I knew some one would spot it :) CRC were out of stock. . .

Thanx for all your comments, I think I'm not getting something lobbing pictures on my posts. . . They must be resized for 256k to upload, so for me, thats 200 dpi and 4.25 cm wide, and they come out tiny. . Think I must be doing some thing wrong.. .
Likely Wayyyy busy tonight, but when I get a sec, I'll lob some more pix up.
Bikesinportlandoregan, lob me your PM again (I know I do have it somewhere), and I'll swing you the original pix.

And you're right, maybe a bit of red somewhere. .

scant":25ylebi9 said:

Heyyy, almost do. . ., shame its a single speed.. . .

On the transmission though. The rear hub uses a protoype Titanium gog carier, nice and light, but it was FAR too expensive to put into production. And despite being dimensionally the same, it just doesn't slide as well as a steel one, meaning the chain tries to drag all the time. I'll change this out for a steel one again at the weekend. .
and proshift shifters. . . I might pop a post in the FAQs or something re proshift setup, as it was initially a PITA. . .
The shifters are 8 sp. The mech is standard proshift. But I had it apart and remade some of the parts, keeping the Ringlé 3 hole style running through. When it came to assembling the bike, it just wouldn't index right. . . Figuring the era of the shifters was likely pre M900, I figures maybe it was intended for 7 speed spacing. Changing the (drilled and I liked it. . .) * sp cassette for a 7sp HG90, the indexing was perfect. I have a feeling these 8 sp proshift shifters are 8 sp the way an XT thumbie is, ie, only nominally 8 sp, if you're using a TNT 11t lockring, or assembling your own cassette, NOT modern(ish) shimano '8' pattern. . . so, if any of you are having trouble setting up a proshift 8s shifter, try going '7'. . .

just a quickie upload, I think I may grab some more on the weekend. Front hub for those wanting a squint. .
I really must get all the proto stuff up on Readers kit. .. Need 13 days in a week to.. . . :?

Attachments

• 6 small.jpg
    6 small.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2,133
I think we found where the world's remaining red anno CNC has ended up!
Have you got some black hole sucking it in Nic?

That head tube is a killer :cry:

Back