Ebay photo question..

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Hi guys ,

I have a few bits I want to list on Ebay :roll:

What I would like to know is , normally when I have put photos on ebay, I have downloaded them from my computer at home, but I would like to be able to use my photobucket albums is this possible and if so hows it done :? :? :)

Ta

Si

When you click on the 'add photo' link a window appears where you normally choose which pics to upload to ebay. If you look at the top of this window you should see a tab marked 'Self hosted' click on this and then enter the addy of the picture you want to upload. On photobucket it's the one marked 'direct link' or something similar.

The one problem is that ebay seems to have restricted you to one photo. :evil: I think you can add more but it requires you to edit the HTML code. They've also put up the price of additional photos when you use their service. First one is free as usual but they now charge 36p per additional photo! :evil: :evil: :evil:

to add more just edit your ebay ad in the HTML viewer mode and drop in the HTML tagged links from photobucket.

It takes some practice to get them where you want them (they appear in the advert text space rather than the image section that the ebay uploader goes to.)

Its a great way of getting around the fees for additional photos. But does require some basic HTML understanding...which is easy to pickup and test via trial & error with the preview function.

Latest posts

Back