Best laptop under £400

i got mine from tesco :oops: its an acer seems quite good was £299 i've had it just over a year and no complaints i'll be happy if i get another year out of it for that money + we have a decent desktop my g/fs dad had built which i use for music/video stuff :D
my mum buys her computer stuff from her local computer shop, its well expensive but as she says, they'l just sort it all out for her if theres a prob theres no helpdesks she just takes it in and they sort it + they give proper advice with no sales bullsh*t :D and they do stuff like putting xp or whatever you want on i guess its like buying bikes, if you buy mail order its cheaper but lbs service/knowledge is way better.

I've got an Advent 5611 from PC World for £330, perfect for internet, e-mail etc. Wireless enabled.. blah blah.

For data heavy applications I use my desktop but for lounging about in the front room, browsing the web whist I watch TV, its great... Plenty good enough.

Tesco are doing Sony Viao's for £399 :D

For the internet, Orange are doing the dongle thingy internet for £10 a month.

I'm thinking of doing this as I can't be arsed with the wireless router thingy, even if it may be a bit slower. BUT I will be able to use it when I'm on hols :D

In the boaty world I live in, I've had to use mobiles for internet for a few years now.
Currently I'm using 3 payg broadband, it costs £10/month for 1gig, which I never use.
I had T-mobile before, which was better, but more expensive.
I've also got a spare 3 modem, never used except for trying to make it work with linux, yours for £30?

A friend round here tried using mobile broadband (ok a bit further away from the main city), been through three of the large companies so far and although the companies say they can get reception there (broadband reception is different to the phone reception btw). Still no luck, so it been far more hassle than what they where trying to avoid (setting up a Wi-Fi router which is pretty easy really :roll: )

Back