Forced off the road by a bus. Complain or let it slide?

Complain.

I always used to give way to buses if I was in the car, thinking they were unfairly branded.

Then one day I was riding through Shrewsbury and was overtaken by a bus which actually side swiped me onto the pavement. Fortunately I was able to get out of the way onto the path but there was contact between me and the bus.

Imagine my pleasure when the very same bus was parked up outside the bus garage just two minutes later.

The arrogant tw@t actually tried to say I intentionally punched his bus! :shock: I mean; I wasn't even waring my Superman costume at the time. :roll: Ho w did he know I could win a fight with a bus using only a pushbike?

So. Complain, don't let the b@stard get away with it.

Complain :evil: nothing/nobody takes any notice if you don't complain. Being laid back just gets you in a ditch.

Let em av it!

Let 'em 'av it! I was a bus driver for a spell when I first moved to Wales whilst I was finding a 'proper' job. Generally if the driver is over the age of 50 he acts accordingly, sensible and considerate(to a point). But the nippers just don't give a toss. There is or was a shortage of drivers and as such the companies are reluctant to let drivers go. We had one lad on his forth final written warning! Also don't be surprised if the driver is really young,there were 2 lads in my depot who passed there bus test before their car test.

Rally_cat":2dkmt5xe said:
He's on the wrong side of the road too! :shock:

LOL

John, make a complaint to the police, that way if he does injure or kill someone in the same way it will be on record.

let it go

nah not really , i too like everyone else who has posted thinks it should be reported

you have every right to be on the road . bicycles used the roads before cars were invented . if we dont complain the fookers will keep on doing it , then the roads stop being cycled by the public because they fear being run down like an animal

if there was no safe oportunity for the overtake and nowhere for you to pull in ( side road , path etc ) id have dominated the lane and used the full width until there was a safe passing place . the bus doesnt own that bit of road so it couldave waited for you to finish using it

Complain.

I would want to know if one my staff was driving like a wayneker, so one would hope that the drivers employers would take it seriously.

Complain! To both the bus co. and the Police.

Bus company will palm you off when you deal with them so you have to get the Police involved.

Why not write a letter to the local paper too, they love that stuff.

Russell":39j39c35 said:
Why not write a letter to the local paper too, they love that stuff.

Excellent suggestion!

It's your right of way before the bus, and what if it was walkers or someone with a pram? Would he do the same?

Back