Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Easy_Rider":hjsz3hs1 said:
legrandefromage":hjsz3hs1 said:
just found pictures of my first retrobike project - as near NOS as I could get with one of those ebay saracen frames:

Did you sell it :shock:
It looks mint!

It got split up - still looks good with my neighbour riding the revised version.

tufftrax

had a smashing saracen..must have been about a 92 tufftrax, i sold it to a plumber i know, i saw him the other day and he still uses it. i asked him if he wanted to sell it back, he sucked his teeth shook his head and said "LOOKS LIKE ITS GONNA BE EXPENSIVE" .... force of habit i suppose.

Lots more early Saracens keep on appearing!

There'll be a Saracen of the Month before you know it!

Now, who can help me find an early 92/3 sort of era Kili? Ideally the gold one, with the early XTR, Ritchey WCS and a smattering of purple.....

chrisv40":m7hq14dg said:
Lets sort that saracen of the month :D

I agree!

For so many of us here, Saracens were one of the bikes that began it all for us. That's pretty much why I started this.

They were well made, they were great handling bikes, they even looked great (well, most of them!) but above all, they were one of THE original companies on the UK mountain bike scene. I'm sure that may of us went in to shops and lusted after Kilis, looked longingly at an e-stayed bike with Maguras (So very much of the time!) and then read about the Cranes riding them all over the place. Saracen was one of the greatest bike brands out there and the old ones deserve the love!

Lovely bike mate, whats it need dong it looks to be pretty mint? What spec did you get back in 85?

Back