Pace outside!

I'm still drooling over your bike.. It looks so correct, mine looks like an anodised christmas tree in comparison. I know what you mean about not wanting to ruin the first ride by riding on road, I took all my riding gear and drove my car stright to a car park on Cannock Chase when I picked my Pace up. It would have made more sense to drive stright home, but that would have envolved riding 2 miles on road. I crashed within ten minuites of riding it as it turned into a corner on a singletrack a little faster than anticipated. :roll:

22 lb eh
maybe i should take all the modern clutter of mine seems to get
heavier every time i pick it up.

think you've maybe started a trend for stripped out pace's
ban the bling! :LOL:

btw is that a "posed" seat height?

mikee":2l7qmrbr said:
is that a "posed" seat height?

Nope, I've got a 34" inside leg and a realativley short body, hence I ride 19" bikes, the Pace is a 18" but has a 23" top tube.

It's a bugger finding jeans too!

Stick Legs":hmifo3kr said:
mikee":hmifo3kr said:
is that a "posed" seat height?

Nope, I've got a 34" inside leg and a realativley short body, hence I ride 19" bikes, the Pace is a 18" but has a 23" top tube.

It's a bugger finding jeans too!

That's the problem I have (36" inside leg, with relatively short body) - I get a 400mm seatpost, but then the handlebars are waaaaaaay down there somewhere, which gives me backache. I usually have to have hi-rise stem AND hi-rise bars to compensate.

PS Hennes and Moritz (H&M) do a great line in long jeans, I just bought some 34W36L and 36W36L for £30 each. ;)

But isn't having a long length of seatpost on show one of the Pace commandments? As in the Book of Pace Verse 7-9 when the rider was cast out into the bike shop with a new card of credit

Thou shalt not fit not-Pace forks to a Pace frame, or thou shalt be smote down and burn for ever in hell as a heretic.

Thou must show great yardage of seatpost, the roundness accentuating the true Yorkshire square.

Thou shalt not covert foreign shiny things, foreign shiny things are an abomination against the squareness of Yorkshire. The rider was taken aback and asked the Lord Carter and he quoth "aye lad Lancashire bling is alreet mind, but none o' this foreign muck".

;)

Sorry Ofsted are coming into school on Monday, I think I'm losing the plot a bit...

:LOL:

One flaw in the commandments!

Most Yorkies I know would rather have Bikehut stuff on their Pace than some thing from the 'wrong' side of the Pennines ;)

I must admit the Syncros stem sits uneasily with me and is being replaced by a Control Tech in black soon.

If I was lighter I'd have a USE post too :roll:

I must say two things that REALLY stood out on the first tentative steps around the block...
1. The Tioga 1.95" tyres had too much air volume and made the back end feel 'odd' as if it was whippy. Changed to much smaller air volume IRC Notos XC's (1.9" and 55psi) and it feels SO much better.
2. It felt as if the headset was too tight, every time I turned the bars I had to correct as I was turning in more than I wanted to... Head set is fine, just never had a bike this responsive before :p Now I know what the pretentious jurno's mean by 'think a bike around a corner'!

LOVE IT SO MUCH! Wanted one since 1992 and now have one! :D

Did you know that the best beer in Yorkshire is brewed in square containers? Black Sheep Square Ale, or Sam Smiths Museum Ale as it was in a previous life are brewed in Yorkshire slate squares. Mighty tasty too. This square thing coincidence? One for Mulder and Scully?

No I did not!

Another thing is trace the evoulution of Orange and Pace... Mighty wierd that. Almost identical companies in relative terms, obviously Orange did more volume... you should dig out a old MBUK (1993) which compares the 2 companies.

(In that article is a full page pic of a team Orange rider on a black Prestige, that is the pic I used as a muse when my Clockwork was re-painted and re-built!)

Back