When is someone on Ebay 'trustworthy'?

chaserjr20

Retro Newbie
Apologies if something like this has been asked before but I'm curious to know how people decide if a seller / product are trustworthy?

For example, I was looking at this listing of a Proflex:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/proflex-mount...14&_trkparms=72:1688|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

The product isn't really what I'm after but if it were i think i would consider taking a risk.

Now, the following points occur to me:
There are no pic's of the bike that make it really identifiable
The seller has no feedback / history
The seller doesn't seem to know too much about the bike (I like lots of spec info)

This is enough to make me unsure but for future purchases it may mean me missing out on a potential bargain. What kind of points do you guys recommend looking out for? Am I just over cautious? Clearly some folk think it is still a safe bet.

Thanks,
JR

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Technical hitch...

Just wanted to find out what you guy's use as a guage to how trustworthy someone is on Ebay?

For example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/proflex-mount...14&_trkparms=72:1688|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

I like to see the following:

Good pics in which the bike is clearly identifiable
Good SellerFeedback
Good knowledge of the bike the seller is selling

To me this bike would be a bit of a risk (i don't want it sufficiently to take the risk)

Is there anything else I should look out for? I worry that i might be missing out on a potential bargain.

Thanks,

JR

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It's not a brilliant ad....poor pictures and description, plus a no feedback...all add up to be cautious....BUT...it is cash on collection ...take a mate with you.

If you do want to go for that one, than go and pick it up and pay cash on collection.

Otherwise, pay by Paypal where you have a certain safety net.

Failing that, buy a bike off here! :LOL:

(ps: I may be selling my Pro-flex frame/fork/titanium bar and flexstem as I have another project arriving soon........ ;) )

yeah id go with harry , take a mate and knock the skag head down and do a runner with the bike and cash still in your pocket :LOL:

in seriousness , no wait , thats a damn good idea actually . hmmm could be onto a winer here . i could tie it in with the mugging drunks idea

if someone is inviting you to their house they are pretty trustable , after all you have the address . its a very dedicated oportunist theif who is willing to move house every time they sell a dodgy bike :LOL:

if you want it go for it , there are a few bids so someone else thinks its ok , whats the worst that could happen when you pick it up . get bonked on the head and wake up with a gag in your mouth and a c@ck up your asre ? youd just leave " wasnt as described " feedback :LOL:

if you want it go for it , there are a few bids so someone else thinks its ok , whats the worst that could happen when you pick it up . get bonked on the head and wake up with a gag in your mouth and a c@ck up your asre ? youd just leave " wasnt as described " feedback
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: PMSL... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back