1997 Boulder Starship LT

elite504

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As a few of you know, I've been working on this one for a long time. I was trying for "No shimano", but stumbled only on the F/mech. another will come along. Oh, and "Red" was an influence, kinda after the girlfriends all black Boulder Defiant came out so well.

A few highlights, The brakes are machined by me. One day "Orpheus Design" will get off the ground properly, but for the time being, lets just say, Rear brake: by me. Shifters and mech are proshift. Lots of the smaller billett parts are by me too.
The whole rig was a place to hang all the Red Ringlé kit I had, down to the bottle opener on the bars. .
Wheels are pretty spesh, the front is a 'never made it into production' prototype Ringlé. The disc spacing as differnt from ISO, so I had to machine the disc centre. And part of the reason why it didn't make it, was the hub flange is too close to the disc flange, so a seriously large disc is required to clear the spokes... which are Ti-dye.

Speaking to Rich Williams the Boulder head-honcho, the frame is '97 ish. And looks pretty gangly. That'll b the 13.5"BB height. . .
I picked up the frame NOS in Germany about 18 months ago, and its taken me this long to compile it. Can you imagine how I felt after collecting all this gear, when as I pressed the NOS headset into the virgin frame, the headube cracked before my very eyes. . . I guess it matches the crack-happy manitous that sport a prototype Ringlé brace that is tryng to make sure the original brace doesn't crack any more.

Lots of you herehave helped me with bits for this, so whilst I don't usually put up bikes, I thought y'all might like this one ;)

Attachments

• 1small.jpg
    1small.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 4,319
  • 2small.jpg
    2small.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 4,317
  • 3small.jpg
    3small.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 4,318
  • 4small.jpg
    4small.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 4,318
You picked the wrong one.

4760.jpg

you are teasing us with a story of an oh so special hub and don't post a single image of it. arghh! and couldn't you please put up some bigger pics! :LOL: ;)
what an amazing build! never seen that frame. what a horrible moment must that have been when the headtube cracked. sincere condolences...

Latest posts

Back