Giant ATX 990 (Jonny T DH edition)

garetha1980

Devout Dirtbag
Whats your opinion's on this then please?????
98 jonny T DH edition frame (think its 98 please correct if im wrong)
Brand new rock shox coupe deluxe rear shock
Jonny T magura HS33's
Hussfelt cranks
Rock shox Tora 318 forks (realy looking for some nice marzocchi z1's)
Mavic crossland wheels and hubs
panaracer fire xc pro tyres
XT rear mech

Attachments

• SP_A0318.jpg
    SP_A0318.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 4,285
  • SP_A0317.jpg
    SP_A0317.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 4,285
like it! i remember lusting after one of these back then!

like you say some Z1's would be perfect for that!! didnt rob warner win a world cup aboard a similar machine?

thanks. yeah Rob Warners was pritty much the same apart from a few differences as this is US jonnyT DH version e.g. fatter down tube and box section swing arm instead of tubular swing arm. think Rob warners was the TEAM ATX 990 (yellow and blue i think) just the UK equivalent i think.

they always looked the bollox!

just curious though, where did you get it? wasn't tricky dicky was it? aka rich vickery?

he used to work for giant, and he blagged a bunch of them for display purposes, he said that one part of the frame wasn't heat treated and they shouldn't be ridden coz they could fail, although he said the same about the short lived prototype successor to the ATX1 when he blagged 7 of the 12 prototypes but it didn't stop him flogging them and i saw one quite recently and it was still going strong!

wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't the same lot but rich was always full of shit anyway!! :LOL:

looks cool though, how does it ride?

yeah realy nice just need some new forks everything is so nice just 100mm travel on the front is'nt realy enough, going to get some Z1 wedges hopefully. it'll be oldschool with a kinda modern twist

Nice bike. I've got a frame the same as that kicking about. I've never seen another one. Do you know if they are valuable? Mine belonged to a Giant UK team rider, his warm up bike that he let me have. I'd always assumed that they were a very limited run prototype.

i dont know if there very valuabe but i do know that they are rare, not too sure how much there worth but i want to keep mine as it rides realy nice. perfect for XC and FR (for me that is). hope u have fun woth yours its well worth spend a bit on

Nice looking bike.
What it needs though, IMO, are the long-travel Goldtech plates to get the 5.5 inch travel at the back end :mrgreen:

Back