decent cheap lights?

Hmmm... really should get round to doing a writeup on my homemade ones... 'bout £40 all in (already had a charger but you'd need one); that's for one single 20/35/50w+ (depending on which bulb you use) lamp & batteries, but I'll be adding a second, bringing the total cost to a whopping £50! :)

Even 20w lamps are blimmin bright when you overvolt them! :cool:

yep i think we need to see your home brew light what sort of burn time do you ghet wiyth them. i keep mulling over the idea of turning my electron from bulb to luxen star 3watts

I use Sigma Sport Mirage lights. There's plenty of them on ebay. Pretty cheap, too, 40-50 Euros. Work fine for a 1 hour and a half. But not more if you also use the big light (10 and 20 W, methinks)

SMART Halogens, £30 on Wiggle. Two lamps (spot and flood) and plenty bright enough - I had cars flashing at me to dip! - plus good run time. Big battery though but for cheap commuting they are ace.

Alternatively I got some Dinottes from the US, not cheap at £90 (but good compared to the £150 if you get them in this country) - super light/minimal, the youthful grease monkey at the LBS thought they were 'trick' (I think this is a good thing?), plenty bright enough on dark country lanes and swapping between bikes takes about 30 seconds which is not the case with the SMARTs.

Back