PACE RC100.- Finished with high res pics on page 9

nic":2phb671i said:
Si, is this completely finished now?

greta build - how's it to ride?

No it's still some way off. The fork crown needs work on a stripped thread and there are still a few bits missing. Tim (justbackdated) came good this week with the locking wedge for the Bullseyes and a NOS chainstay protector. Decals are still a sticking point- my local sign shop have the proofs and are going to do me a set when they get time. I'm looking for some XCpro hubs to build onto some new rims then it will be finished. Its been six months so far, I usually do 3-4 in that amount of time. I don't know what I will feel like when it's finished.

Si

Some relief I should have thought!!!

Good work mate, not far to go now!

Rich

Rich":30n61yha said:
Some relief I should have thought!!!

Good work mate, not far to go now!

Rich

Still looking for a pair of 36h XT or XC Pro hubs to get it finished.

Found the correct polished crown instead of the slightly later black an one that is currently fitted ( cheers Justbackdated Tim who also came good with a NOS chainstay protector)

Will make a big effort to get it finished next week.

Cheers
Si

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Well then, six months its taken but its finally 100% finished :cool:

Just how I wanted it to be, 20 years after I first fell in love with the bike I couldn't afford.

My camera is on charge and I'm waiting for the sun to come out to get some nice high res pictures. I will do a final report on the final stages of the build at the same time. All that is left to do is check everythings tight and take it out for a nice gentle test run.

Big thanks to everyone who has helped and given me encouragement to make this dream become reality. You know who you are. ;)
Biggest thanks has to be to Andy L who sold the project on to me last August.

Heres a few teaser shots of the finished article.

Cheers
Si

3284449316_22e706e6f4.jpg

3284420774_8d4cb80dc4.jpg

3284422924_98c2b5c008.jpg

3284424436_c66d91505d.jpg

No thanks necessary mate,thankyou for completing it to how i dreamed it to be also mate.

Those decals Gil made look pretty spot on to me?

Hurry up with those hiRes pics already

:cool:

Latest posts

Back