Spring 2007 RetroBike meet - Sat 24th March North Downs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can add scarlett, my other half, to the list of who's coming - she'll be adding to the Kona contingent! As may I, as the Yo won't be ready in time (unless someone wants to give me £800!) :LOL:

probabily worth chatting with the boys at nirvana cycles (simon, rowan etc) & maybe getting them to pen on a map in advance.

I am going to buy a map of the area , and we are going with Hilts on the 25/02 to do a recco ride .
Cant wait :D

do you reckon you could find the same route again chris? I would have done a slightly faster but much longer DH s.track from leith hill tower, up the short climb crossing friday street, down the stream DH & up the side of telegraph trail to the trig point. thru the s.track to the start of barry knows best. same loop on pitch hill, back from peaslake up that same road climb. head for the trig point again, park life, then down telegraph, & back the gradual climb to the tower, taking what was the first climb, now as the last DH back into westcott.

gonna do a similiar ride in summer, but take in ranmore common, s.track past denbies wine estate past the small railways station, up box hill road climb & down box hills long grassy slope, on a calm still day the perfect place for seemingly endless rolling wheelies :D

This week I might remeber a bit , but not in a few weeks time . The loop around peaslake should be ok to find .
The first climb and then to the tower also , but for the rest i am not so sure . that is why a map might be a good idea .

really, really looking forward to this... will probably be my first 'proper' ride, need to persuade other 'alf to do lend a hand with the couple of other bits I need done on the Kona - new bar ends and all the bolts changed from gold to red - should have ventured down the SPD route by then too so will provide you all with hours of amusment not getting unclipped in time and falling over.... hmmmmmm...

John":hgn7kxes said:
Good lad. It'll be a nice steady ride. Definitely not an 'alpha male' conteat.

Pah! A gathering of blokes, with shiney things to show off and the chance to show they can go faster/jump higher/get muddier quickest will always end up in an alpha male contest - even if it is just showing they can cough up more blood or fall over from exhaustion quickest.... :)

I take it I'm the only girlie going?

Me and 'Hardtail' will probably make the trip from deepest darkest Devon.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back