If you want a new car now is the time!

A colleague is currently in the market for a car (wrote his last one off when hitting a deer) – being a mechanic, he went along to the auctions and found that the main dealers are in these buying up the reasonable condition used cars for their forecourt.

They can't shift the new cars so they're stocking up on the used ones that are selling – the prices through the auctions in the last few weeks have been 300-400 above book.

Suspect that's why they won't do good deals on used stock.

Buying new now is good, but wait 'til nearer the new plate time, as they'll be giving away their pre-registered stock

heathy":2pg0pqoj said:
Have you seen the new land rover disco add, £7500 off :shock:
Just goes to show how much they have been making for years, they must still be making on that ;)

That's £7500 off the top o'the range btw, not all of them... & dealers have never had £7500 profit in them. Land Rover are throwing huge bonuses at them to help their dealer network shift them.

Well touch wood we are on the 7th Volvo between us and I have only written off one. She has never crased a Volvo (only accident was in a Rover 214 SEi).

340GL
360GLT
340GL
740GL
740GLT 16v
S40
S40

I agree that I have seen many drivers of Volvo's act as is the car is an extension of their front room, but to be fair many other car are driven by witless fools with no road / common sense. Maybe the Volvo's are noticed more because of the daytime running lights?

I have always had interesting cars, from Capri's to my current XJ-S V12, but as daily drivers Volvo's are unbeatable IMHO.

We are discussing cars here not drivers, idiots can drive any make of car they choose :evil:

Wish I had bought my car now instead of a year ago, dropped by over £5,000 in a year, 3 litre engine dose'nt help :cry:

In the present economic climate I'd much rather keep my money than spend it on a car, or at least I'd spend it on something a bit more worthwhile.
The way to get value from a car IMHO is to buy one and then run it into the ground (hence our 25 year old G-Wagen and 15 year old Golf) - however, some people think that a new shiney car says something about them :roll:
Well it does - but only "I've decided to blow a load of money (that I've probably had to borrow) on a new car, instead of one of a thousand other things I could have spent it on".

I just don't understand this national obsession with cars - I wouldn't mind, but most of them are boring, unexciting objects and there are far too many of the damn things about now anyway. Compare any street near you to the same street 25 years ago - better or worse ??

Back