If you want a new car now is the time!

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I just came back from taking my wife car shopping.
We bought an Ex-Demo Volvo S40 2.0 with under 10k on it for £10000!

Thats what parkers reckon the trade in value is. Sticker price was 13999 and this was from a Volvo main dealer.

Now I am sorry if some of you are car dealers as times are tight, but if you can do a cash buy they seem to be knocking off lots of money. It seems silly not to benefit. Besides, if everyone did it we could kick start the economy (maybe)!

I have been looking at cars recently, I even had a deposit down on one but backed out. And have found the dealers strangely reluctant to offer any discount off the screen prices at all yet alone £3999!

Seems realy odd since the news is all about how they cant sell cars at the moment.

On the other hand, people ar probably also noticing that their tracker mortgage repayments have dropped through the floor so they have a lot more money spare than usual

Youve done well there!

Our branch pissed 43 cars out the door today alone! :shock:

Expecting similar tomorrow :cool:

Superb time to buy ;)
(I'm in sales by the way :cool: LOL )

Gc

Have you seen the new land rover disco add, £7500 off :shock:
Just goes to show how much they have been making for years, they must still be making on that ;)

Stick Legs":3sq0xtof said:
I just came back from taking my wife car shopping.
We bought an Ex-Demo Volvo S40 2.0 with under 10k on it for £10000!
the economy (maybe)!

god help us all! a woman in a volvo :shock: god man you should know better your a cyclist or do you have a death wish? thankfully its not an XC so we are partialy safe if we stay off road :D

Bought a new Volvo V70 last October - they literally gave it to me :D

Why do people hate Volvo's? They have this preconception that they are boring to drive, 184 BHP under my right foot is not boring at all ;)

my 940 wentworths got 200 bhp and a turbo.....good job cos the blasted thing weighs the same as the forth bridge.....wouldnt swapfor any other car....well maybe a saab 9000 turbo in black... :p

REKIBorter":dmgx475z said:
Why do people hate Volvo's? They have this preconception that they are boring to drive, 184 BHP under my right foot is not boring at all ;)

no far from it the preconception is one that are driven by tossa's with no road sense or consideration for others!
I have a customer in the states who will only buy ovlov's for his wife! as she is such a crap driver and has written off 4 of them so far in as many years! but survived the 'accident' every time due to the cars safety features! I did say to him maybe its time to buy her something else and move to florida on the cheque from the insurance company :twisted:
either way I still hate ovlov's 184 bhb or not they are just ugly and only ovlov would paint a car piss colour and still people will buy it! you could say they are the GT ZASKA'S of the car world :LOL:

REKIBorter":3p8r5pso said:
Why do people hate Volvo's?

Have to agree with alan, its not the car so much as the average volvo driver. If I'm cut up on the road a significantly high percentage of the time its by a volvo driver. If they do indeed have 184bhp why can't they perform a decent overtaking manouvere? Is there a safety system in the car which denies them from moving to the other side of the road?

Back