The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dekerf Generation 1997 Reynolds 725 Tubing

I have a Generation the model with Reynolds 725 Tubing.

It is in good condition, with very few scratches or chips. Though 8 speed indexing works fine, the mech hanger is slightly out of line. Colour titanium. No disc tabs.

I haven't ridden this in years and would like to see it go to a good home.

What would it be worth? I'd rather sell it here than on e-bay.

I'll add some pics soon.

I was struck by a thread somewhere else in which someone had repaired/refurbished a cracked crank. Is there any sort of a market for cracked cranks, if sufficiently unusual? I've got a pair of Caramba Double Barrels with a crack in the drive-side taper, and some 89ish Mavic 637 arms with tiny cracks developing in the spider. I was planning to use them all as novelty door handles, but if they're actually of any use to anyone I may reconsider ;-)

MikeD":33sq8uoc said:
I was struck by a thread somewhere else in which someone had repaired/refurbished a cracked crank. Is there any sort of a market for cracked cranks, if sufficiently unusual? I've got a pair of Caramba Double Barrels with a crack in the drive-side taper, and some 89ish Mavic 637 arms with tiny cracks developing in the spider. I was planning to use them all as novelty door handles, but if they're actually of any use to anyone I may reconsider ;-)

they dont make much, i sold some broken grafton for a pittance..

Inigo Montoya":4p6oqv18 said:
Saddle up":4p6oqv18 said:
Hello everyone. Okay here it is the obvious what's it worth question. It's a 87 Fisher Montare in excellent condition. I know the original lady rider. The bike was never taken off road except for gravel bike paths. There are a few paint chips on the rear stays and front forks other wise it really shows no wear. I know that value of bikes like this can change from region to region so I'm looking for a what it might fetch on ebay. The pictures tell the story.... complete XT build, all original except the saddle.
nice bike! amazing condition!
the M730 groupset looks nearly untouched, skinwall tires in very good condition. don't know what to estimate for the frame but 400-500 euros should be achieveable for the whole bike.

Thanks that's encouraging.

Syncros fork including I was told a XT headset all though it's not marked as such. What's it worth?

DSC01342.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01344.jpg

DSC01345.jpg

Anyone know when they were manufactured?[/img]

Saddle up":3ufl9fnq said:
Syncros fork including I was told a XT headset all though it's not marked as such. What's it worth?

DSC01342.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01344.jpg

DSC01345.jpg

Anyone know when they were manufactured?[/img]

1 1/8 threaded? its a pretty nice fork. you'll probs be flooded with PMs ;)

Hey Everyone,

I'm new here, found the site while searching for Klein stuff. Very nice site! I have been Mountain Biking since 1994, but bought my first real bike in October 1996. It was a 1997 Klein Pulse Pro. I LOVED this bike. I rode it for 10 years with no problems (although buy then the only thing stock was the frame, ha). Anyway, my bike was stolen from my house on Friday October 13, 2006. It was horrible. I got up that morning to load up the car to go ride in the North Georgia mountains and my bike was gone! I filed police reports and have searched for it ever since, with no luck. So last year I found one just like it (in stock form) BRAND NEW in the box! I couldn't really afford it, but bought it anyway. I got it, put it together and set it up in my house as a memory of my old bike. I still have the box and all zip-ties, rubber bands etc that came with it. It HAS NOT been ridden at all. Unfortunatley financial times have come down hard on me. I really don't want to, but I need to sell it. What would something like this sell for? Thanks for your time! Oh, and I wasn't sure if 1997 was considered retro or not! If this needs to be moved please do so!

1996 Marin Team Titanium Value?

I am considering selling my 1996 race bike and am curious what a fair value might be. It is a 20.5" Team Titanium Bike with full 8 Speed XT Groupo.

It is currently built with an original 1997 Rock Shox SID. I have a machine Tech front hub (gold team issue very rare) with Mavic rim on the bike. I have the matching rear Machine Tech wheel, but, haven't used it in about 10 years.

Any collectors out there who know what it might be worth?

Attachments

• P2140005.JPG
    P2140005.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,069
  • P2140007.JPG
    P2140007.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,069
  • P2140004.JPG
    P2140004.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,069
Status
Not open for further replies.