Proflex 857

nik

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

I have a Proflex 857 which I have decided to sell, but I have no real idea what kind of price these bikes are fetching these days.

It's an 857 frame, with CoilOver shocks.. with an NR4 upgraded shock at the rear. XTR all round (although well used), with ceramic rims (also well used)... The frame itself is in pretty good condition - a few scratches but nothing major.

Any thoughts as to whether this kind of bike is a 'retrobike' and would interest anyone on these forums? I'm in the UK.

Cheers,
Nik

SLIM":33she1ur said:
try here as well mate , if it dont sell here it will there ;)

Slim, do you mean here?

Nik: I just sold a Proflex 857 frame only to somebody here (had standard ODS not NR-4 though). PM me if you want details.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies.. I've attached some photos so you can get an idea of the bike.

Russell: It's a 'Way Big' frame size.

Cheers.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Well, my question exactly! I just don't know what it's worth and am completely open to offers! Sorry if that's too vague, but I just don't know.

well, on Ebay a Way Big 857 in red admittedly without XTR didn't get the £225 starting price he was after.

In my experience given it's XTR you might get £200-£250, maybe more - not many come up with XTR so that's the killer - it could add quite a bit to it or it might not!! If it was plain LX/XT suchlike you'd be looking at £180-£220 from my observations of Ebay.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.. I'm going to figure out a price today and I'll post back on this forum! Cheers!

Back