Chromed 95 Kona Kileaua

orange71":3mberiak said:
any of you remember that copper plated Kona?

I bought that bike off eBay and made some changes (see below). Fantastic bike. Although copper plating isn't the most practical of finishes. It tends to be very brittle, and "rusts" if not covered in clear coat.

smarty":3cexwf7l said:
orange71":3cexwf7l said:

I bought that bike off eBay and made some changes (see below). Fantastic bike. Although copper plating isn't the most practical of finishes. It tends to be very brittle, and "rusts" if not covered in clear coat.

Photo here:

2761568306_b0804816f7.jpg

More photos here:

http://flickr.com/photos/smarty-1/sets/72157612113181563/

smarty":1vrrjl35 said:
orange71":1vrrjl35 said:

It looked better before it had that bloody huge chainring on it - it's f**king enormous :shock: I think anything over 44T (42 is better) is just wrong, wrong, wrong....
Some proper tyres would have been good too.....

Andy R":1yt43mmk said:
smarty":1yt43mmk said:
orange71":1yt43mmk said:

It looked better before it had that bloody huge chainring on it - it's f**king enormous :shock: I think anything over 44T (42 is better) is just wrong, wrong, wrong....
Some proper tyres would have been good too.....

Have to agree. is that a road bike chainset?

Latest posts

Back