29ers - tell me about them.

They're lovely. Surlys have a retro feel about them which is why mine's kitted out in old gear off my Bontrager. DEFINITELY for the tall though.

I had a Haro mary on loan for a while and it was great, but they do seem to suffer in the twisty stuff. As other people have said here they tend to work if you are tall. They do roll very quick over the bumps. On one's inbred is a cool 29er and the frames are pretty cheap. I currently have a 26 inch version which works well either geared or single speed. Might get a 29 inch scandal from them later in the year if we get any dry weather for more than a week.

I did consider one, but figured that an even bigger tyre mountain doubling up every tread type I have in 29" would be a H&S hazard :D

I'm 6'2" with a long inseam and ride flattish Dutch XC trails, the 29er rocks. The tale about acceleration has truth to it, the trick is not to slow down in the first place :D :D :D and the 29er format actually helps me carrying speed. Plus good geometry leaves next to nothing to be desired in the handling stakes for my type of riding, different yes.

winter08Lenz1s.JPG

Like I said before,ideal for taller riders and it seems this backs it up,I just wonder if it would offer any benefit to shorties or would they suffer the same problems as small road bikes with toe overlap etc?

@ IbocProSx Love that Lenz....very cool :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks for the feedback guys......well suffice to say, I now have a new lady in my life and she's got big........wheels :LOL:

Attachments

• 29er Ladyrs.jpg
    29er Ladyrs.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 414
Harryburgundy":1zrd6zc2 said:
So last year sweetheart.......650B is the new darling :)

I thought that 650B and 29ers were "So last century".

Attachments

• geoff_with_cleland.jpg
    geoff_with_cleland.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 397
  • jack_taylor_rough_stuff_1979_196.jpg
    jack_taylor_rough_stuff_1979_196.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 397
  • mtb8.jpg
    mtb8.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 397
Fab pic jango!! Glad you got her cleaned her up BEFORE you took the pic!! Lol!! :LOL:

Guess you like your new toy then?! :cool:

Lxx

Back