Mountain Mayhem 2009- Mr K's Recruitment Programme

Re: Full to the brim

mrkawasaki":2x6eswx8 said:
Max and I will conjure up some cruel school playground methodology of picking our two teams to ensure we have a good mix of talent/plodders and good time Charlies - more anon.

Its a good job Wu isn't on that list - a definate last pick candidate!

mrkawasaki":2ujtmk9z said:
I will PM everyone tomorrow to make sure you haven't changed your mind(s) and will place the next jonnycumlatelies in a reserve list.

I didn't get a PM - assuming you didn't send them. However, I thought I'd better check.

m-trax":12hsiu4k said:
mrkawasaki":12hsiu4k said:
I will PM everyone tomorrow to make sure you haven't changed your mind(s) and will place the next jonnycumlatelies in a reserve list.

I didn't get a PM - assuming you didn't send them. However, I thought I'd better check.

I didn't get a PM ether, but I'm still up for it!

Update - 131 days to the gun...

All 19 first choicers have been notified by PM now - as you all reply I will add your names to the CONFIRMED list, like this:

Captains K and Retroking - CONFIRMED
Chris - CONFIRMED on February 8th
Mrs Wu (Sarah) - CONFIRMED on February 8th
Daj (Dave) - CONFIRMED on February 8th
Simod - CONFIRMED on 8th Februray
Bryan - CONFIRMED on 8th February
Jez - CONFIRMED on 8th February
SteveP - CONFIRMED on 9th February
Surfr - CONFIRMED on 9th February
REKIBorter (Chris) - CONFIRMED on 9th February
Sinnett177 (Mark) - CONFIRMED on 9th February
Drapoon (Martin) - CONFIRMED 9th February
M Trax - CONFIRMED 9th February
Dr S - CONFIRMED 21st February
Pickle - CONFIRMED

Still looking for our 20th rider - StevePSD's partner said she wanted to ride this year - anyone heard from them recently?? What about Jez - want to make up for last year's no-show...?! Edit: He's in (again ;-)...

BTW - the MM 09 website is finally kicking into action: http://www.mountain-mayhem.co.uk/

Entry forms downloaded at midnight on Saturday 28th February.... ooh, the excitement builds...!

Note to newbies - camping, showers and parking are all FREE... all you need is a decent bike, some beer money and a torch!

Captain K

Big Hitters

SHOCK NEWS PEOPLE! Jez, yes that one, has signed up for the Sports Casuals at MM 09.....!

:LOL: :LOL:

Captain K

Should be able to confirm this week. Already working on my training and fitness schedule.
Week 1-4...
1. Go to shed and look at bikes twice a day Mon to fri- repeat in sets of three. Rest on Sat, look at bikes 5 times on Sun.
2. Downsize from Embassy No 1 to shorter 'Filter' size ciggies.
3. Only have chilli sauce on my Friday Kebab- garlic is much more fattening.
4. Think about drinking less Stella.
5. Start walking to shop instead of driving.
6. Practice staying up all night.
7. Do reasearch into ungeunts and balms to offset inevitable saddle sores- goose fat is looking promising.

Should do the trick!

Si

Re: Big Hitters

mrkawasaki":1fxrv77k said:
SHOCK NEWS PEOPLE! Jez, yes that one, has signed up for the Sports Casuals at MM 09.....!

:LOL: :LOL:

:shock: GO JEZZER!!
I'll remember to pack extra beer....... :LOL:

My preparation update:-

-Building a new bike especially for MM 09', so looking forward to getting that started. No clues as of yet.

-Had a good winter of riding so hope to hit the warmer seasons with a decent degree of fitness. Had a quiet last few weeks due to snow and cold but done a couple of sessions on turbo trainer.

-Riding in as many retro meets as possible to gain fitness and relieve the boredom of riding alone.

-Competing in my first mtb event in 15 years at the 'Hell of the North Cotswolds in April'. Could do the 100km route but will go for the 50km at a decent pace instead.

-Trying to convince a couple of riders to fill the hole in our squad.

Still really looking forward to this.

sinnett177":2cchm9e2 said:
Had a quiet last few weeks due to snow and cold but done a couple of sessions on turbo trainer.

Only a couple :!: :?:

I'd have thought you'd have been on it everyday in readiness for the coming events ;)

I have - honest! :twisted:

Well, not EVERY day. but.......................... :roll:

But then you know I'm a bit ODD ;)

Yep my preparation has started .......

I have a frame & collecting parts to build my MM special

Training is now 45 mins every other day on TT

Once the ice has gone out riding again ( aiming for 12 mile faster pace)

Got 3 weeks coming up in california riding the Angeles national forest :cool:

Also buttering up my mates mate for a barrel of local Ale !! :cool: :LOL:

Back