Style gurus...help my Kish build...non-retro

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Mikkels Kish coming over soon....lovely 'baby..don't call me baby face' blue frame and forks.
So far I have....
Wheels....Front...Hope Silver Pro 2 Black 717
Rear....Hope Silver SS Pro 2 Black 717
Cranks....Silver White Industries
Cog........bidding furiously for Ti Boone
Brakes....BB7 Front and rear...XTR Levers
Bars........25.4 Monkeylites

Headset? Silver...can't afford CK because of Cog....which? S8...or just blow the budget and get a CK

Stem...Black and 25.4...length....still undecided...put my 110 Extratlite on the Kona to see if I liked the extra 10 over the Thomson...and I did. Extralite 0 degrees....Thomson 10
KISH is long...23.7....the Kona shorter...but I think now a 100 is the way to go.
Thomson is an easy choice....but next to the too long Extralite it looks agricultural...anything else?

Seatpost....27.2 and silver...and Thomson is the easy choice

Whatcha reckon style gurus?

chris king is too common for such a collection of small companies . id be looking at trials headsets or hope as its british and itl match the hubs . think more oddball

Looking forward seeing this one build up soon, I hope this is a 'keeper' this time :LOL:

Def get a silver CK headset or go for second best and have a silver Hope headset.

Try have the seatpost/stem/handlebars in same colour either black or silver of your choice.

And headset and seatpost clamp in same colour too, Hope do them both aswell.

My choice will be black seatpost/stem/handlebars with silver headset/seatpost clamp.

Enjoy the build, maybe it will be BOTM soon ;)

What about a Ringle headset in silver? Bit different, retro etc..... As nice as the boone cog is, its still a consumable and I wouldn't sacrifice it for a downgraded headset. IMo of course :D

Maybe boring but:
Thomson for stem and seatpost, KING for headset. Plain and simple quality parts that work (and look good imho).
cheers Roy....... and show us some pics soon ;)

Don't do thomson on the Kish, its a quality hand made steel bike, not a specialized alloy stumpy! Go for a nice Nitto stem, seatpost and bar - all modern, but with a retro twist and handmade steel to mate with the quality:

nittoct80zm.jpg

fillet brazed steel, £70 from Hubjub.co.uk

GarageSale_1232715707_1853.jpg

from ebay

If you want a nice wide bar with a bit of sweep and rise get a Surly Torsion bar, made by Nitto in silver, it's like having a riser without the bends!

1649-2969-full-hbsu-torsionbar-103.jpg

http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/products. ... 649&z=1288

if you're doing the hope hubs then go hope headset, as good as King, just not so dull and it matches!

Oh and don't do black on a baby blue bike, it'll look gash! Black on bold colours, silver on subtle colours!

In my humble opinion;put all black components on,thomson stem/post,king headset etc.
That frame in that colour with black stuff will look the nuts :cool:

Thanks for your replies fellas......

This is the way I'm thinking of going re:colours

Seatpost.......Silver

Stem.....Black

Bars.....Carbon Monkeylite Risers (bought)

I know most of you think the stem and post should match...but it looks fine on the Kish web-site.

I like the idea of the Nitto Pete..thats what I'm looking for....something a bit different. I want a face plate type stem though. I have tried those bars...and didn't really get on with them...maybe I should have given them more time.

Kaiser...I know what you mean about the Boone Cog...but if I can get it for not much more than a King Cog I will be very happy....I'm not sure if they are still making cogs and it will take years to consume. A headset I can upgrade anyday of the week.

Roy...whats that 'ring on your Groovy...looks :cool:

Mark...sorry...the WI has gone :(

Thanks again chaps...keep it coming

Back