Giant ATX 980 - PROJECT START

Depends on which way you look at it? The indy is basically a Quadra but with single cast legs so in theory the the design and workings of the Indy are infact 2 years older than the Judy? :?

daj":1540k5ga said:
Depends on which way you look at it? The indy is basically a Quadra but with single cast legs so in theory the the design and workings of the Indy are infact 2 years older than the Judy? :?

The Indy was released later than the Judy, and therefore it would then not be accurate to say that you would not want to use an Indy over a Judy because the Indy is too old. I'm not debating the technology (or lack of)inside the Indy. I'm just pointing out the timeline of the product. Not that I care even, as I've never been a stickler for using specific period stuff. Its just that MadCowKev wrote: "Indy C's are too old for that frame. You need some Judys", so I pointed out the timeline was actually Judy before Indy, if in fact some level of period accuracy was desired in the build.

I guess the real question is, why use an Indy on anything? :? Even just as a stop gap measure? I mean, I'd rather not fit the fork at all until I came up with a more permanent solution, than fit a temporary Indy. Instead why not just hang the frame, shop for a more desireable and worthwhile fork, and bury that Indy in the yard with your other raw sewage? :shock: :LOL:

Yep timeline your right :D I didnt really read all the posts :oops:

I didnt know either that while the Jett-Indy & Quadra were a unbroken development chain the same is for the Mag series and the Sid , Both being Rock Shox air system .

Back