Chromed 95 Kona Kileaua

DaveR27

Retro Newbie
Hi there,
I am new, and have been told about this site by a friend, he's been on at me to post up my retro Kona Kileaua that i have owned from new (was originally white) I had it chromed about 3 years ago (looking a bit shabby now though and could do with a repaint/chrome) Its been entirely rebuilt apart from the ORIGINAL XTR front mech (as in the very first XTR front mech) which is still going strong!! even the 1997 Marzocchi Z2 superfly forks have only been rebuilt once, and they are still working absolutley fine. anyway, heres a pic, let me know what you think!
1231686457523.jpg

Something a bit different that is! Don't think I've seen an aftermarket chrome thingy before. How does it hold up?

well, its lasted 3 years, there are a few rust spots around some welds, where the chrome is a bit thin and hard to get a good coat (surface rust i might add), but its been commuted through 2 NASTY winters without too much love, so all in all, pretty good!
(it hasn't been cleaned AT ALL this winter, so thats a pic as it stands after 3 years and a winters commuting through salt infested roads!)

I have no idea if it was nickel plated first! took the company about a month to get all the old paint off and do it, so no idea what the process was.
Thinking of selling it soon tbh

Back