kirbdugs kona cinder cone (white)

not another white one!! only kidding, loogs sweet dude. there should be a white kona BOTM!

B.o.t.m

I'm backing out, the bike has cost me already. I don't want to buy nos xtr for a competion, yours and guybes are in for the running. Give it a couple of months and there will be plenty. Cheers kirbdug. :D

Personally I would swap the fork for a 410mm one, better handling and less nose up looking, other than that very nice. :cool:

If we are going to have a white kona of the month thingy can it be when i finally get mine back together? It ain't gonna win, but I still want it on there! :LOL:

Re: forks

kirbdug":2e6r69g2 said:
just looked in the archive section, the kilauea had project twos and the cinder cone had rock shox.i had rock shox when i bought the bike, but wanted project twos so went for the suspension adjusted ones.the chain stays are both level.
The Cinder Cone was also sold with the same triple-butted 41cm P2s as were standard on the Kilauea. The geometry of the two frames was identical.

The choice of the 41cm length for the P2 was on the basis that the 50-63mm travel forks that were then available had an axle-crown length of 42-43cm, which means 41cm or so once loaded with a rider on board. So the frames were built to give the desired 71 degree head angle with a 41cm P2.

With a 44cm P2, the head angle falls to 69 degrees. This makes for a steadier, slower style of handling, less inclined to turn corners. Some people prefer that, but I'm just saying that it doesn't give you the handling quality that the bike was designed to give you.

like anthony said 97 'cone was avalible as the "mountain shock option" with the white and blue indy c's (which i owned BITD)
or the "race light" version with the triple butted p2's (which i now have).

Re: B.o.t.m

kirbdug":i0may85b said:
I'm backing out, the bike has cost me already. I don't want to buy nos xtr for a competion, yours and guybes are in for the running. Give it a couple of months and there will be plenty. Cheers kirbdug. :D
there's no xtr on mine. your bike is mighty fine, you should be proud of it. if you like guybe's and my white kone then you are sure to like andyl's - that is way beyond schweet

when i first looked at this thread and saw your bike in blue i thought that was the finished article as it lookes good before you even started! looks propper cool now though!

Kona

Thanks for the comments chaps. Going to keep the project twos on the bike. Getting bored already. I will have to watch the telly until I find another kona project. Got the kona for a six month project, but took five weeks and pleased with the final out come. Cheers kirbdug :D

Forks

Got some nice resparayed White rockshox Indys that would correct the Geometry and look pretty cool on this, and take some of the sting from the trail?

Back