Orange C16RS / Kona Kilauea / Kona Fire Mountain

keep them and post regularly , there arnt enough girls here ( think your the second )

this site is such a sausage fest :roll:

The Kilauea is a 1997 size 17, the Fire Mountain is a 1999 size 14, the C16R is I think a 1996 and definitely size 17.

On eBay, the Kilauea might make £250 (was £1,000 new), the Fire Mountain £125 (was £450 new) and the C16R £100-125 (was c£600 new). If anything, they might go higher in each case, as female owners keep their bikes in a much better state than males, and are far better to buy from. Of the three, the C16R is the most undervalued by the eBay market, and therefore logically perhaps the one it would be most sensible to keep. Although obviously you will keep the one you like the best.

The C16R might be slightly the most difficult to 'do up', as it as a 1" head tube and geometry for a short fork, so it would be slightly more difficult (but by no means impossible) to find a suitable fork for it.

Thanks for all the info guys.

The Fire Mountain hasn't been used much. Was for my mum, but she never used it. Think I maybe took it round to the shops once or twice so would doubt it has done 10miles and it has never seen dirt! The only change on it was the saddle and the original one is probably somewhere in the garage.

I raced the Kilauea at a x-country race last year for a bit of craic....it made me appreciate suspension!

The Orange was my xc race bike for about 2/3 years and I loved that wee bike. Took it to Les Gets several years ago...it was interesting coming down the Mont Chery run with a lack of decent braking! I had a poke about the garage and found the Orange stem and bars...forgot they were called hot rods :LOL:

Anyways, I have had a look here and have seen a lot of nice bikes....and now not sure if I can really part with them, even if the garage is looking a bit like a bike shop with 9 bikes...not much room for the car :roll:

Hey I used to have the 1999 Kona fire mountain just like yours! Mine was a 18 inch frame and I hopped up all the parts for the most reliable commuter ever. It got stolen last year April 1st.

Back