Mice/rat problem

porkypaw":2iio6jmy said:
What about a Shot Gun ?

Then find a good plasterer..... messy, but fun :!:

The ceiling in my bedroom is only just over 6' high. When I got up this morning I could here one of them right above my head. REALLY had to fight the urge to punch through the ceiling and gab hold of the little fecker!
I'm hoping the the shite weather had made them come in from outside.
I've got **** all to eat, so cant imagine that they will find much around here :LOL:

As been said before, get a cat. I have 2 and the oldest kills for fun, sometimes multiple murders in 1 night. Mice and rats don't stand a chance ;) we've even had rabbits,moles,and various birds.
You will have to get used to picking up "bits" like heads and tails oh and for some reason he leaves the kidneys :shock:

heathy":12cxuy3m said:
As been said before, get a cat. I have 2 and the oldest kills for fun, sometimes multiple murders in 1 night. Mice and rats don't stand a chance ;) we've even had rabbits,moles,and various birds.
You will have to get used to picking up "bits" like heads and tails oh and for some reason he leaves the kidneys :shock:

Trouble is that they aren't running around in the open. Knowing my luck the cat would get stuck in the ceiling void! Then I'd have to send in a dog to eat the cat and then where after that :LOL:
Its the whole 'swallowed a spider' business :D

Traps work well with mice - they are so dumb.

Got rats in my loft again at the moment, they are smart, two died in traps a couple of years ago, now none go near the traps.

Poison works OK. Mr Rat has never died in the loft yet. Takes a couple of days though, then all is quiet again. Think they go off to look for water or something.

Problem is when it rains a lot they come out the drain and up the drain pipes. I made mine rat proof, but my neighbours are dumb like the mice, they just get rentokill man to casually throw some bait around and end up making the problem worse.

Don't be a hippy, they are vermin - kill them.

Bit of an update... little feckers were back with a vengance last night. My earplugs were causing me grief during the night so I took them out.
Awoken at 05:30 to the sounds of them running around and scratching etc.
Tried beating on the ceiling to scare them and only managed to damage the plaster :evil:
Decided to pull a sickie and do something about it.
Pulled up my newly laid lounge carpet :roll: and preceded to rip up some of the floor boards in the area where I could here them the most (right above my bloody bed!).
Couldn't see any signs of the blighters (ie, crap!) but did notice that the fat pile of poison that I had placed up through the spotlight hole had gone :D
I then blocked allof the places where I could see that they can get in from the wall space onto the ceiling (first placing more poison in said wall space) and put everything back to normal.
Haven't re-laid the carpet properly as I want to be able to get back under there if this doesn't work.
Fingers crossed though!!

You have to block up where they come from, else you will kill this lot but another lot will move in in 6 months. They follow the trail of piss left by earlier comrades.

Yeah, it is very annoying hearing them run about above you in the middle of the night. I wouldn't use poison though, did that once with a rat and the thing decided to die in the wall by the hot press and smelt horrid.

Had a bit of a mouse problem before Christmas, they tend to come in when it starts to get cold outside.

Mars bar in a mouse trap works great, got about 12 within a week or two, then got those ultrasonic things you plug in and havent heard them since.

If theyre running about in the walls dont bother with getting a cat or dog,the dog will start barking loudly at 2 am every night and the cat will shred the wall paper,none of which will solve the problem
Buy 1/2 a dozen spring traps and place them along the wall close to and running parallel to the wall baited with a range of tidbits
Failing that ,call pest control,and poison the buggers

Well, they're deffo rats!! Spotted one dart across my lounge floor earlier.
Couldn't catch the little git (he hid himself in the workings of my sofa-bed at one point!).
Went to B&Q and bought a family pack of the sonic deterants and placed them around my flat.
An hour later, one pops out from behind a radiator. Chased him until he was cornered behind my sideboard and tried to squash him.
Managed to pin him in one position then finished him off with a length of tile trim! (wasn't a matching colour, but still finished him of nicely :LOL: ).
He was screaming blue death and I think he probably died of fright.
Dont like doing stuff like that but I've had a shocking week and the poor blighter took the brunt of it.
Its one thing being in my ceiling and another to run around my bloody lounge!
Hoping that his cries have scared of the others as I haven't heard a peep since.
Fingers crossed!

Back