Van Nicholas Zion build *Finished Pics added*

Re: rigid

Beautiful bike..

Wold Ranger":2w4qf7qz said:
I can see the benefits for smooth not too hilly trail riding, but up here, either your wrists or the forks would snap pretty quickly and you would be doing a lot of pushing up hills too with those gears!

This kind of post makes a person seem like they don't know how to ride.. bizarre! 27 gears and you won't be able to pedal it up a hill? Suspension makes you ride faster and more accurately, BUT, the best riders with a good flowing style can out ride a lesser rider on a bike with suspension... :roll:

Re: rigid

OrangeRetro":2u9sv3yd said:
Beautiful bike..

Wold Ranger":2u9sv3yd said:
I can see the benefits for smooth not too hilly trail riding, but up here, either your wrists or the forks would snap pretty quickly and you would be doing a lot of pushing up hills too with those gears!

This kind of post makes a person seem like they don't know how to ride.. bizarre! 27 gears and you won't be able to pedal it up a hill? Suspension makes you ride faster and more accurately, BUT, the best riders with a good flowing style can out ride a lesser rider on a bike with suspension... :roll:
The original picture(now changed) had a somewhat different profile gearing btw! I've been riding for over 45 years now, so I think I know how to ride a bit :D Whipper snappers eh!

Nope, it's built ot take a beating still ;) . went with the carbon forks with no weight limit, Mavic 719's and race face stuff just so i didn't have to take it to easy.

Sry Wold but it only had gears fitted yesterday evening, think you may be mistaken, unless i'm missing the point somewhere. Which has been known to happen ....... quite alot :oops:

Gears

Thought U had a piccy with a 12-23 road cassette on it at one point? On the subject of the forks though, I tend to find with smaller frames, even 100mm travel forks seem to lift the front end too high, so rigids can offer the benefit of better geometry?

Our problem around here is that no matter how smooth a rider you are, all the trails are badly cut up with the thousands of horses in the district, where they are dirt based, or covered in egg to cricket ball sized cobbles where it is bedrock, rigid is just not an option off road, even riding an HT can be hard work, full suss being better.

Nice

Thats lookin real nice mate ,classy and under stated .

A mutual mate has just ordered a TI frame as well ....

Whos that hoody wearing chav on the kids bike in that picture ??

Back