workbenches?

yeah that looks ok but then like the argos one it has the mdf shelves and pegboard back. the mdf stuff isn't good for mounting a proper vice (which i have) other than that looks ok. but i also didn't want a back board, i have somethingelse in mind for the wall it is going up against.

this help is all good though :D

That first one you looked at is fine for £117 though i'd screw a 1/2 ply board to the back to stop it twisting.........some nice doors :D

Build your own wooden bench,using pallet wood,which is very easy to come by and there are dozens of free plans online.
The bench below is from a woodworking mag i have from 1998,It is made from 3/4" bog standard plywood looks to be about 3 or 4 eight by four foot sheets and it looks a simple to build affair,if you build it in situ then the whole thing will screw together
Shouldnt be a problem to a practical retrobiker like yourself :D

Attachments

• Torus Titanium XT 022 (Large).jpg
    Torus Titanium XT 022 (Large).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,386
jonnyboy666":2rj4jzga said:
will show me the home page etc but won't let me see much more, gives me the you might not be connected to the internet blank page, but i know i am coz i'm here now! :LOL:

i'll have a look in a bit, see if it or my computer are working, thanks :D
That's because I can't be trusted to type an address properly. :oops:
http://www.freecycle.org/group/UK/

Go along the diy route. I picked up a 2.5m worktop £11.50, 3 base units £5,£7.50,£7.50 & doors 10p each ! from the Ikea bargain corner!
Once you have them level and fixed to the wall they are solid! Got my 5" vice fixed and can do owt. For a more durable surface you can get some sheet metal to cover a section of worktop if you want.

Back