Press release- Dr S's big news!

Congrats Si on the opportunity of a lifetime. Not many new bikes from you over the next year then. :cool:

Awesome! :cool:

Have you stopped bouncing up and down and grinning like an idiot yet? :D

Well done, it'll be worth all the work I'm sure.

daj":31xmeq9q said:
Ive got photos of dad hacksawing cage out of a Shelby Mustang for the same thing on the Tour Auto.

Fancy bringing some of the old fella's spanners along next July? He'd be chuffed I'm sure mate. ;)

Si

I was thinking yesterday, that you'd said we know by the 10th what your previous post was about. Nice one :cool:

Si thats a lovely gesture, it really is :D

Sadly I was his butt monkey, I worked with him under him but not a trained mechanic by any means, Quite handy around the pits (runner, cleaner, pit boards/times etc) but spanner wise always under supervision. :oops:

Keep us posted though :D

Like the new avatar. :D
That’s a good idea you could give us photo updates of the car in your avatar. :LOL:

daj":3314acss said:
Si thats a lovely gesture, it really is :D

Sadly I was his butt monkey, I worked with him under him but not a trained mechanic by any means, Quite handy around the pits (runner, cleaner, pit boards/times etc) but spanner wise always under supervision. :oops:

Keep us posted though :D

Same as us then- all the best mechanics just wing it! You wanna join us then? ;)

Keep us posted ;) I could prob scrounge a lift out there with dads old lot if they have anything going.

Shame your not closer, Buy yeah if your short always happy to help :D

You have stirred up some great memories, These were taken at the Spa 6 hours.

The other week when you said about the long hours it reminded of this photo, dad bless him must of been 60 at the time, this was taken about 3am after starting at about 5am that morning, everything had gone wrong and the cars were finally prepped then some monkeys next door had a massive fuel leak that flooded our awning ( 8 cars under it) so everyone was trying to dilute it with anything!! :LOL: then he just sat there on the step of the truck which was when i took the photo .... what a warrior :D

spa4.jpg

spa2.jpg

spa1.jpg

spa.jpg

Cool.

That sounds fantastic. I'm hoping to be at the 24 hour bike race with Phase One Endurance this year. I'm training myself for the sleep deprevation by going to the pub until 3 in the morning, works a treat although the wife is not convinced by my methods.

Back