Updated 99 Dekerf team ST

Great bike! I have the same frame, but never knew the exact year for it. What is the serial number?

You have to keep the crub out of the rear 'shock'. I managed to seize mine riding in some light rain, ended up with a big fight to get it apart, then spent a bunch of money getting new parts made by Dekerf. Ended up making a little carbon cover to keep it clean, will try to post a pic tomorrow.

Baulz, you have PM re the frame number, have you tried a search in the Dekerf section for MTBR.com, there's some good data there, also on shock maintenance and rebuilding. And I'll keep an eye out for solutions to protect it. I used to have lizard skins protecting the individual legs of my zocchi XC600 that should be the right size and length.

Casper, yet another ST and in Holland too.
Any chance of posting a picture of yours?

Enjoy!!

I haven't got a ST but a SST... I will post descent pictures in a couple of months when the complete build is ready.

But for now....

d8ea_1.JPG

WIth a big thank you to Tim Justbackdated for the rebuilt forks, here's my first update of the build on my Dekerf Team ST.

I went with a silver theme to go with the Pace forks, and I like it. The forks appear a little long when static, but they run with plenty sag as I have a bit of weight over them. They have Tim's coil spring upgrade but I have left the airchamber intact so I can tune them, works a treat. Some more weight on the front with the straight post and longer stem, but still a trail bike with those riser bars It felt nice and balanced on a small testride, but needs a proper off-road epic to see if it really works.

Well there was plenty sunshine today so here's the first decent pictures:
TeanSTsilver_010.jpg

TeanSTsilver_009s.JPG

TeanSTsilver_008.JPG

The Black RF cranks now need some silver or a swap and I also think I'll swap the 952? XTR Vees for my silver Onza Hola's. An I think a plain black saddle might be better.

TeanSTsilver_012.jpg

TeanSTsilver_007.jpg

It's quite comfy on the smooth trails I rode today, definitely not rigid. I also have ridden USE suspension posts and though similar in travel the feel is different, smoother somehow and the seat does not move with respect to the BB.

As I said it needs a proper ride to give real feedback.

If you're going to the first Old World Mountain Bike Championships, i'll bring mine and maybe if you bring yours as well, we could swap for 5 mins, just to feel the difference?

P.S. I just need to do my wheels by Ernie Frieke and give it a respray and then it's done. Propably end of april...

I'll not likely take this to the worlds, have something pre-95 in mind for that.

Ernie's wheels ehh? Your not skimping on the good bits then ;)
Don't forget to post pictures of it, heck why not post some of the build in progress?

Enjoy!!

Back