joining the job seekers club

I think, if you will excuse the pun, there is mileage in the idea of going mobile.

I don't mind sourcing the parts from wherever, but getting the time or space at home to fit/fiddle with them is the issue for me. I usually leave the more time-consuming bits to the LBS - they are good, but steep because of their overheads with rent etc.

Go for it.

It's all been said before Matty, it's a shame, could of been a nice little business.

When are you comming riding again? havn't seen you for an age?

Average Mark":tlyfbwv4 said:
It's all been said before Matty, it's a shame, could of been a nice little business.

When are you comming riding again? havn't seen you for an age?

Will be out riding Thursday mate , have not really touched the bikes much in the last month due to being in the Philippines and have spent the last week here at home in England suffering with Wisdom Teeth .

How tha Van Nicholas ???

Being put together as we speak. Gears and Drivetrain tonight then it's off to Streetlife tomorrow who have given me a reasonable quote to extend the hoses on some nice pimpy Juicy Ultimates i managed to snag for it.

xizang":qmivt4w0 said:
cannondale king":qmivt4w0 said:
iv'e been there two and a half years and as i know theres no cash in the buisness for redundancy

If it does go tits up due to your bosses idiotic behaviour, get form RP1 off the administrators. They have to give it you anyhow. As you've been there over 2 years you can claim redundancy off the goverment. I know as I'm claiming now. It takes up to 10 weeks apparently, so I've only another 7 to wait :evil:

Going on your own as the others have said would be good, especially if you have a customer base to start.

Good luck fella :D

Redundancy is written into the law, so get it if you can. I does not mean you cannot do anything else in the mean time. Also getting redundency really helps when claiming unemployment benefit as you didn't just 'leave a job'.
Don't know if you have any insurances that kick in with loosing a job, leaving makes them null and void (even voluntary redundency normally can make them null and void), but forced redundency and they kick in.

Back