Updated 99 Dekerf team ST

IbocProSX

Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
First update 21 March 09, more new pictures on page 2.

Thanks to e-bay watch and Mr Zero I was alerted to this beauty on Craiglist in the US of A. Some more help in identifying decent shipping rates and the seller being a nice bloke got it over the big pond:

TeanSTsilver_002.jpg

A 99 Dekerf team ST soft-tail in Kermit green. The classic pierced seat stays are allowed to move an inch by flex in the Titanium chaistays. Componentry is top drawer and used but not abused with the King wheelset the cherry on the cake. Frame condition is very good, no dents, cracks or rust but with normal paint chips and signs of use.

Unfortunately the re-packing by customs leaves much to be desired so some of them are down to the journey here. Well I contacted Dekerf about the paint and got excellent service, quick email response too. A correct Kermit green touch up kit is ordered and on it's way.

The frame is smallish for me by modern standards but similar to what I was riding bitd with a 590mm top tube. Above is the first updated build with Pace forks and silver parts. Still not sure yet whether to go modern or period on it, XO would match the silver bits very nice. And the riding position is still all-round trail bike, but I can see more of a racer's edge version with that front end too. One more older pic:

dekerf09s.JPG

Enjoy!!

Thanks guys

Tim, keep your eyes open on here and check e-bay watch regularly :!:

en Defiant, bedankt! ;)

Nice frame and build :cool: I'm not totally sure on the colour though :?
I've seen one of these in the flesh and the frames are fab :cool:

Thanks guys, I've sorted out a few niggles and the gears today, and took some pictures of the defining features:

The signature pierced seat stay bridge with the 1" coil sprung YBB style travel.
stays4.JPG

And the superb craftsmanship that makes it possible, Titanium chainstays "merged" perfectly into steels' finest
stays1.JPG

stays3.JPG

And yes, I need new grommets for the V-brakes ;)

Enjoy!!

I have a confession, I bought one and hung it on my wall! Never rode it just looked at it. I know its wrong but it was one of the most beautiful things i have seen.

Al. :shock: :roll: :cool: :LOL:

messiah":2fmduuz4 said:
Maybe I can borrow this later in the year?

You're very welcome ;)

Should fit you nicely too, just swap the layback post for a straight one.

Enjoy!!

Back