Klein .... am I missing something?

I dont care what anyone says! Ive proudly owned 8 of em now and im forever smitten !! I like the finer things in life.. I like my things functional and built to the highest standards, but also to look the absolute mutts nuts !!

The guy who just travelled 360 miles from up country to personally collect the Coral Reef Attitude he just won from me on Ebay, couldn't be more happy !!! :D :D :D £1368.60 and worth every penny !!

Own one and you'll find out !!

Panza":era13gzr said:
People ask why the Kleins are so expensive and the answer , when they were new is this: Gary and his companion was trying to make a living out of the bikes but they couldn't. Then a great idea comes to one of them. Can't remember who, but the ideas was: Double the prices.
And double the prices they did. After that they couldn't keep up with the demand...

Is that your final answer?

Ive owned a Klein,an Attitude Race,ok it may have been a TREK version but still had that certain magic about it when you first take it from the bubblewrap,i can see why people do get excited about them,id still like to own an original in the Pink/white/green (sorry dont know the correct name for the scheme) :cool:

andy.l":2l5amw7y said:
Ive owned a Klein,an Attitude Race,ok it may have been a TREK version but still had that certain magic about it when you first take it from the bubblewrap,i can see why people do get excited about them,id still like to own an original in the Pink/white/green (sorry dont know the correct name for the scheme) :cool:

Team ......... Best one

It is the True Face of Klein and the most iconic yet simplest of all their paint schemes !!

Re: Klein Breakage

pinguwin":2vjg0fuw said:
I can't believe I'm getting dragged into this, but here goes.

> an out dated technology

Of course it's an outdated technology, that's the entire point of this group.

I have yet to meet a single vintage Klein owner who thinks that there have been no advancements in the last twelve years...not one.

> over the same terrain they would very quickly self destruct

I've already addressed this point. Take your favorite bike, how many miles and races does it have on it? It's possible it's more than my vintage Klein, but unlikely. Same for the mud/paint thing.

Most people who buy expensive vintage Kleins are not racing them and they are display items.

World Ranger, I invite you to come to Hillside Park for my next race and see how this all works. I'm not saying that my Attitude outperforms a newer bike. Just that I'm racing against people with 2004-2008 bikes and in my last three races, I took 3rd, 3rd, and 1st. It's not a brag, it's just a fact.

Hardtail technology hasn't advanced that much in the last years, not enough to as much a difference as the rider makes. Full suspension, that isn't the case.

It's ok if you don't like Kleins or have negative impressions, but there are numerous people who have different experiences.

Good man! I will be racing my Attitude this season. It has Manitou One's on there right now, but I have the rigids also.. If I can source a tool, I will be swapping it back over to rigids.. I will of course have to go and have a check up with my dentist beforehand :LOL: :LOL:

If you have any pics of you racing the Attitude, please post them..

Mark

ameybrook":32rz66tu said:
Panza":32rz66tu said:
Then a great idea comes to one of them. Can't remember who, but the ideas was: Double the prices.
And double the prices they did. After that they couldn't keep up with the demand...
Is that your final answer?
I've certainly read the same anecdote, and I think it was in an interview with GK. The American-built aluminium Kleins were less expensive on the domestic market than the imported European exotica of the 1970s, but nobody would take them seriously until the price was raised.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veblen_good

Kleins

Which puts the point well and truely to bed, they re over priced- end of as we say t' rand ere! Always were poor bikes well marketed, thats a good business code! Sell cheap tat at high prices.

I would like an Attitude or Adroit in the wonderful orangey copper fade paint.

I can't put my finger on why other then they look cool and look fast. But (I don't even know the difference between the two! :oops: :LOL: ) I don't even know what the paint scheme is called.

What does that tell you?

Works of art

Having been into bikes from the early 80's as a roadie, my jaw hit the ground when I saw a Klein Pinnacle for the first time. When the Attitude and Adroit came out the same thing happened (that small shop in Covent Garden...forget the name). I hadn't heard the hype or marketing, it was all about the bike....geometry, fat tubes, cable routing, lines, paint, it all just goes together in my opinion. I ride an 07 Ibis Mojo which too is a great design but IMO nothing comes close to the look of a Klein Adroit in the right colour. From a ride perspective, I LOVE FULL SUSPENSION and my butt agrees. :D

Re: Works of art

2wheels4ever":l9gugh2l said:
Having been into bikes from the early 80's as a roadie, my jaw hit the ground when I saw a Klein Pinnacle for the first time. When the Attitude and Adroit came out the same thing happened (that small shop in Covent Garden...forget the name). I hadn't heard the hype or marketing, it was all about the bike....geometry, fat tubes, cable routing, lines, paint, it all just goes together in my opinion.
Likewise, I was out riding in the Malverns in about 1992 and ran into a couple of guys out mountain biking - one on a Manitou, one on a pinkish-orange Klein. I'd never seen anything like them at the time, and I was completely blown away by the looks - and the weight.

I don't have any particular ambition to own one - certainly not at today's prices - and I'm probably not even that likely to vote for one as Bike of the Month, but I can understand the appeal.

Back