1989 GT Karakoram K2

Aeronaut

98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Some of you may have seen this before at some point but finally got a chance to take some fresh pics today, something i've been meaning to do for a while.

I've owned the bike from new bitd and has all the original parts minus grips. All i've done recently is treat it to a light clean and polish just to show some love....so here it is. :D

02smallDSCN0054.jpg

04smallDSCN0055.jpg

03smallDSCN0056.jpg

05smallDSCN0019.jpg

08small1DSCN0028.jpg

08small2DSCN0028.jpg

10smallDSCN0016.jpg

11smallDSCN0015.jpg

13smallDSCN0050.jpg

14smallDSCN0051.jpg

15smallDSCN0049.jpg

06smallDSCN0033.jpg

01small1DSCN0042.jpg

01small2DSCN0042.jpg

Great looking bike.. :cool:

There are some original AME grips for sale on here I think?

kingroon":3dms1769 said:
Great looking bike.. :cool:

There are some original AME grips for sale on here I think?

Cheers!

cool..been searching for some original A'ME grips for a while now but all i can find are some blue nos ones on ebay. blue might work though, would like to stick to black if possible.

also can't seem to find any chrome crank caps.. anyone know where i can get a pair if they exist? oh and a new GT seat to replace to torn one would be nice or something suitable although thats not important :)

Its awesome this bike!

great its still in great condition and great that you have refound some passion for it. How come its so tidy then?

reanimation":3b815sc8 said:
Its awesome this bike!

great its still in great condition and great that you have refound some passion for it. How come its so tidy then?

Thanks. If it wasn't for this site i reckon it would have been long gone by now, lost count of the amount of times i've threatened to sell it over the past year or so. Was only when searching the net to find info (and price ideas) that i stumbled across retrobike... just can't bare to part with it now! i know i'd never find another if i did.

The condition is partly down to looking after it and minimal use over the later years. I blame cars, college, girlfriend and a passion for kiteboarding which used up most of my spare time. it just sat in the garage pushed from pillar to post. Certainly got used though in it's early days and always remember washing it with a bucket of hot soapy water and toothbrush..was a bit fastidious when it came to cleaning the thing. most scratches are probably down to storage more than anything.

It's certainly relighted some passion for these old bikes and all those featured in here, all fond memories!
Just need to make sure i resist any temptation to tamper with it for tampering sake..although finding little retro treasures are nice to help keep it looking good and how it should be. I certainly need to get out on it a bit more in future now.

Yeah fair enough, if only I still had my Tequesta, the frame was quite clean but reframed with lighter bits all over. If it it gives you a zest to get back in the hills then its no bad thing at all. You could always build a bruiser bike for all round dirrrdy muddy days out, that's what I'm upto. ;) get out to some meets, I only dared do one but I'll be back. PS there were some very clean prestigious bikes that braved the mud that day :cool:

Nice, clean example. Very tidy.

Not wishing to brag, but I took a set of the Ame grips off a Tequesta that came in for repair last week. They are a bit tired but should go well on the 92 Richter project.

Back