The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
torus xt

Should have posted here 1st very sorry :D

Hi there I know its not always polite to start your 1st post (now 3rd!!)with a sale. I am nomally on another forum tritalk.co.uk

I am looking to find out what the value would be in selling my torus xt mountian bike ....probably frame only but other parts if interested. its all origianl parts ....apart from the forks and handle bars! I have had this since my teens and was the 1st bike I ever bought myself...weekly at 6pm into bike shop and hand over cash until she was mine.

Dont realy want to sell but found this site and think she would get more loving from someone here, as Im more into aero things now and am looking to get a power meter hence the sale.

Ill try and take photos later and uplad but just interested to see if anyone interested and what roughly I would get for her.

PM if interested

cheers
Sam

Barracuda A2X frame 1994

How much is my frame worth?

It's a 1994 Barracuda A2X. I bought it in 1994 off a friend who had added a red Use seat post. I'm thinking of selling it with the following extras:

- original XTR front mech
- original Barracuda aheat stem
- USE seat post
- AC headset (added a few years later)

(not the forks, for show only)

I also have a complete set of 1995 A2X stickers (for a possible respray)

Attachments

• Barracuda A2X 1994 frame.jpg
    Barracuda A2X 1994 frame.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,824
The saddle on that Kona is just about the worst i've ever seen :LOL:

Right, really need pics of the Torus XT, also year but from you description i'd guess around £140 - £150 for the whole bike if it's in good working condition.

I'm basing this on a nice Diablo DX bought recently for around £120

The Barracuda, depends on if it needs a respray or if it'd just be nicer with a respray, certainly looks tidy as it is, i'd guess about £80 ?

jimihendrix":12bclv3d said:
The saddle on that Kona is just about the worst i've ever seen :LOL:

Right, really need pics of the Torus XT, also year but from you description i'd guess around £140 - £150 for the whole bike if it's in good working condition.

I'm basing this on a nice Diablo DX bought recently for around £120

The Barracuda, depends on if it needs a respray or if it'd just be nicer with a respray, certainly looks tidy as it is, i'd guess about £80 ?

The diablo was bonded whereas the torus is plasma welded and is a far better way of putting ti together
I saw a small torus go on eb for a couple of hundred frame only and i paid £200 for my 90something torus

Any idea of the value of pair of 99 Manitou SX Carbon?

The forks are working ok and there are the usual marks and little paint retouching due to a few years of use.

Thank you.

6.jpg

Re: torus xt

rooney":384xd61v said:

Hi there I know its not always polite to start your 1st post (now 3rd!!)with a sale. I am nomally on another forum tritalk.co.uk

I am looking to find out what the value would be in selling my torus xt mountian bike ....probably frame only but other parts if interested. its all origianl parts ....apart from the forks and handle bars! I have had this since my teens and was the 1st bike I ever bought myself...weekly at 6pm into bike shop and hand over cash until she was mine.

Dont realy want to sell but found this site and think she would get more loving from someone here, as Im more into aero things now and am looking to get a power meter hence the sale.

Ill try and take photos later and uplad but just interested to see if anyone interested and what roughly I would get for her.

PM if interested

cheers
Sam

Photos Now :D

New bars, stem, fork and tyres (continental cross country) only riden home from shop :shock: was going to use bike in cyclo cross series but ended up buying a new mtb for off road triathlon

Attachments

• IMG_2218a.jpg
    IMG_2218a.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,594
  • IMG_2219a.jpg
    IMG_2219a.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,594
  • IMG_2220a.jpg
    IMG_2220a.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,594
  • IMG_2222a.jpg
    IMG_2222a.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,594
bikenoob":2uce12mt said:
Any idea of the value of pair of 99 Manitou SX Carbon?

The forks are working ok and there are the usual marks and little paint retouching due to a few years of use.

Thank you.

Had this one last year to fit a 1996 Klein Attitude, sold on the Ebay for something like 80 euro's. Was in pretty nice condition...

Fat Chance Shock-a-Billy

Folks, I'm thinking about selling the below...So whats it worth?

-A Team Violet Shock-a-Billy with silver AMP rear end and original shock.
-Its around 1993/94 according to its frame number.
-In good condition with some wear to the decals and paint here and there... Way too good to respray though! it even still has the original shop sticker it came from (somewhere in New Orleans!)
-No rust as far as I can tell and would come with a CK silver headset and period BB.

Size- 17-18" I would say...

Let me know, cheers

Re: torus xt

rooney":1gw5sv75 said:
rooney":1gw5sv75 said:

PM if interested

cheers
Sam

Photos Now :D

New bars, stem, fork and tyres (continental cross country) only riden home from shop :shock: was going to use bike in cyclo cross series but ended up buying a new mtb for off road triathlon

Going by Dyna-Ti's input (Sorry i didn't know the Torus is welded), i'd guess maybe £350 for the whole bike and maybe £200 for the frame, you could try asking more and bring the price down if there is little interest.

Look's in nice condition, bikes are such that they are almost always worth more in parts than whole though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back