199? MC San Andreas WIP

Very Nice.

What leads you to believe that is a 1991 year? That certainly is an early seat mast subassembly. :cool:

clunker":3g3jf45d said:
Very nice, I used to work for the UK importer in the early 90's may well of handled it :LOL:

Cool - you might be able to help - the serial number on the BB shell is 11209 and has a very hand etched look to it (as opposed to stamped) - any way of identifyng the year from that?

Mr K

I am still in touch with the then distributor, I know he kept a listing of serial numbers will find out for you and yes they were hand etched on the early frames.

Cheers
Matt

I would have used a riser to get that handlebar position on such a bike, not sure what was available back in 1991 though

If MrK was that bothered about 1991ness it wouldn't have that fork (or brake levers or saddle) on ;-)

Lovely bike. San Andreases rock.

Late additions

Some minor tweakery - changed the wheels to have a more period Pulstar hubset; screwed on some red DX pedals; added Ringle skewerage and a Caramba noodle device to neaten up the cabling on the swingarm.

It's a 'negatory, good buddy' on any possible return, BB... this bike needs some hills, not to lay about in a trendy urban office! ;)

Anyone got a scan of a Risse Terminator shock manual...??

Mr K

Attachments

• Caramba cog hog and DX pedals.jpg
    Caramba cog hog and DX pedals.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 727
  • Pulstars.jpg
    Pulstars.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 727
i hate sannies ...................................just kidding .......nice to see another one built up.....cant make out from the piccies but are those tioga revolver cranks?wanna swap for my campy triple.......ps heres my old red one from back in the early 90s(with risers and barends.... :p )

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 701
  • kjk.JPG
    kjk.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 701

Latest posts

Back