Zullo SLX

Thanks for the kind comments on my little ;) bike

Any thoughts on the rear mech - would Super Record or Dura Ace 7400 be so wrong as not fancying my chances of finding a good condition graphite finish CdA?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ededwards":26oqnhfv said:
Any thoughts on the rear mech - would Super Record or Dura Ace 7400 be so wrong as not fancying my chances of finding a good condition graphite finish CdA?

Dura-ace would be so wrong. Super Record less so.

That bike deserves a graphite mech.

I remember BITD thinking that graphite Campagnolo stuff was so ugly :oops: Thankfully my tastes have matured.

legrandefromage":cdxm1nbj said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAMBIO-CAMPAGNOLO-ATHENA-1988-NUOVO-IN-SCATOLA-VINTAGE_W0QQitemZ110348448769QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRicambi_per_biciclette?hash=item110348448769&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

mmm... not quite but nearly? Until a graphite one turns up?

could be expensive though:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAMPAGNOLO-CHORUS ... 240%3A1318

Yep :roll:

That last would not double the price of Eds bike, but it would soak up a very substantial amount of the final investment than. I would say the mech qualitywise qualifies though. The Athena mech doesn't ..and it still costs 85 euros :roll:

Think you need some luck with encountering something decent, Ed. Imho not necessarily Graphite, but period correct Chorus, CdA or Record anyway.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hmm, if graphite mechs are such strong money I'll definitely be giving them a miss :shock:

Perhaps I should look to swap out all the graphite stuff for the equivalent in silver or, more sensibly, just ride it as it is.

ededwards":2aq39egq said:
Hmm, if graphite mechs are such strong money I'll definitely be giving them a miss :shock:

Perhaps I should look to swap out all the graphite stuff for the equivalent in silver or, more sensibly, just ride it as it is.

Ride it ...maybe with a few tweaks

If not, please let me know on those levers as I have some interest in them. I promiss you best buck.

Elev12k":1q1smyrk said:
ededwards":1q1smyrk said:

Ride it ...maybe with a few tweaks

If not, please let me know on those levers as I have some interest in them. I promiss you best buck.

Don't worry Melvin, the aero levers are yours if I do make a change but I reckon you're right, stop jibber jabbering and just ride it!

Back