Well .... it's art.

jez-2-many-bikes":dsilhwlm said:
Health and safety....

What would happen if that fell on someones head?
It would probably crack.

Nice idea. I like it :cool:

Hahaha totally understand!

In front of me I have one Purple Ringle seat collar atop one of my monitors.. Pinned to my desk wall, a set of purple spoke nipples and a nice pair of 98 SIDs under my desk!

It's expressive ;)

As an engineer I can see your point in calling it art, but the way you have presented it there on the top of the cupboard does not really present it as art or artiscially in my mind. It look more like you didn't have room to put it anywhere else rather than as a focal point of the room.

If you crafted a nice wooden base and mounted it to that, or hung from the ceiling or on the wall (with or without a frame) then I think it becomes far more artistic.

Similarly a frame sitting on a mantle piece just looks like clutter but mount in on a wall above with or without some old race numbers around it and it looks a million dollars.

That a nice piece of art, or at least good looking decoration.
I have my Zaskar LE Team frame hanging in my bedroom, several Rock Shox forks in my living room, and 2 M900 front mechs on a bookshell.
Have to start a museum.

andrewl":35savzti said:
As an engineer I can see your point in calling it art, but the way you have presented it there on the top of the cupboard does not really present it as art or artiscially in my mind. It look more like you didn't have room to put it anywhere else rather than as a focal point of the room.

If you crafted a nice wooden base and mounted it to that, or hung from the ceiling or on the wall (with or without a frame) then I think it becomes far more artistic.

Similarly a frame sitting on a mantle piece just looks like clutter but mount in on a wall above with or without some old race numbers around it and it looks a million dollars.

but it's okay for starters

remember most muggles don't understand. :LOL:
mike

Gorgeous!
Definately art.
I remember when my local bike shop had the same frame hanging from the roof...
Drool.

Back