PC Virus Woes?

Iwasgoodonce":3v0lmiao said:
chris667":3v0lmiao said:
Would be an idea to upgrade from Windows 2000 - Microsoft and all the antivirus providers are going to stop supporting it soon!
If you just want to go on the web and stuff, why not try Puppy Linux?
Your computer will work so well, you'll hardly recognise it.

New PC arriving soon. I was looking at the other thread with interest and might give it a try. This one has the entire Office suit installed which presumably I would loose? That would be a downer to say the least.

All you need to so is grab the Product ID and version if you don't have the original disc still.
Then just use a copy of the discs an install.

openoffice doesn't do vba very well and some of the iteration referencing bit didn't work to well.

It's almost impossible to say if what happened was a real threat or a scam. I would always assume the worst and perform the steps below.

1. Run windows update and install any critical patches
2. Update firefox
3. Download, install and run a full scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-An ... tag=button

4. If the scans picks up anything then get it to remove it.
5. Purchase a Full version on Avira/Kapersky/AVG that will protect your from Worms in the future.

Good luck
:D

psyclone1976":zq1bdg0n said:
It's almost impossible to say if what happened was a real threat or a scam. I would always assume the worst and perform the steps below.

1. Run windows update and install any critical patches
2. Update firefox
3. Download, install and run a full scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-An ... tag=button

4. If the scans picks up anything then get it to remove it.
5. Purchase a Full version on Avira/Kapersky/AVG that will protect your from Worms in the future.

Good luck
:D

Thanks for the tip. That one has drawn a blank too. I think the site address I clicked on must have been a scam site. It was some sort of auction thing as I'm sure I remember seeing bikes mentioned as well as specific survey equipment.

Back