North Downs Ride 14th Jan 07

kingroon":128igk5y said:
Tell us about the route! Be good to sort it for the March Meet if it's a good trail/ride etc.
)

dude, if you've ever ridden leith/holmbury/pitch area you'd know what a total nitemare navigation is! I've never ridden such twisting tight s.track. I guess it helps being so close to london that theres also new additions popping up all the time :D ... the new stuff above telegraph trail was pretty cool :)

anyone on the ride want to briefly explain where we went?! hahaha :LOL:

Thanks Scant for a very good ride . My legs are still hurting . :LOL:

We could not find you after the ride , so we went straight home . We followed Yo grant thinking he was going to the pub , but obviously he wasnt . :LOL:

Graet place to ride , but lack of car park , and hundred of trails starting evrywhere might be an issue . I am going to discuss it with Hilts for march . ;)

cchris2lou":2c9yxiqp said:
Thanks Scant for a very good ride . My legs are still hurting . :LOL:

We could not find you after the ride , so we went straight home . We followed Yo grant thinking he was going to the pub , but obviously he wasnt . :LOL:

Graet place to ride , but lack of car park , and hundred of trails starting evrywhere might be an issue . I am going to discuss it with Hilts for march . ;)

you could park close to leith hill tower. harder to navigate, more parking & closer to the trails. I lived in leatherhead for 2yrs & rode that area a lot (worked in dorking). I'd done about 30% of that ride before & knew where I was about 75% of the time! fairly easy to get dissorientated!

glad u liked the ride.. see you in wales ;)

Even with my improved fitness , i still dont think that I am able to follow you guys every week-end . ;)

Or we could park in Peaslake , car park at the end , but there is this nasty road climb to go to the tower .

Yes thanks all for a good day's ride, cheers Chris for the lift.

We popped in a couple pubs to try find you, the one on the right of the road exiting Westcott looked nice and comfy with a log fire!

For the record we did 36km/22 miles, which took 2h25 of riding. I don't know how we managed but we were stopped for almost as long as that :)

sylvain":1dod1upk said:
For the record we did 36km/22 miles, which took 2h25 of riding. I don't know how we managed but we were stopped for almost as long as that :)

its why I wheelie all the time, or ride back down the climb & ride back up again.. just to keep moving, the stop-start of more socialable rides (which as u mentioned yesterday definately was!) is probabily more tiring than if we kept riding with no stops :D

surprisingly few if any crashes or mechanicals yesterday, which is nice :)
apparently the shorter ride group ended up getting partly lost & doing more miles than intended ;) :LOL:

I know but it is not fair on the faster guys .

Still I felt better and faster than for the cannock meeting last year .

cchris2lou":1ngd0cyd said:
I know but it is not fair on the faster guys .

Still I felt better and faster than for the cannock meeting last year .

you were deffo noticeably stronger :D

thanks ,

otherwise I would have been dead and burried after the first climb . :LOL: :LOL:

and I enjoyed it a lot more , especially odonhills as a lot more conscious to play with jumps etc...

Latest posts

Back