MacRetro chat and rides thread

clockworkgazz":16nito6i said:
that stumpy would make a great SS- problem solved ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Not the one he had at Dunkeld, that was an 89 was it not ?, or am i talkin oot ma arse as usuall :LOL:

Just spent four hours fetling/swearing at the E3, got a new hub body fitted, fitted Kaisers old Odyssey's, set up the Maguras and gave it a good clean, ordered some new better stickers for it too, should get them next week.

Going to try and get up the braes tomorrow for an hour or so.

Next bike ride you see me at I will mostly be riding my Alpine Stars ASR320 barring build problems :D

Started building it up this weekend and so far looking rather nice and very mid nineties. Fitted my other set of Ballistic LE450 forks, a set of brake lever/shifter combined SRAM MRX twistgrips in red and black plastic, long stem, flat bars, bar ends, Shimano M600 LX V-brakes, White Industries Chainset, LX mechs etc.

Thanks for reading I just had to share.

As for MacRetro at SSUK09, when you can register, put your name down and MacRetro Clan as your team. Teams mean nothing much on race day as its everyone for themselves but the team thing is still a cool idea as it means that one of the team might actually complete the course :shock: :LOL:

We should fly a flag over our HQ tent as a rallying point :D

If anyone wants a mini meet before Jedburgh give me a shout, Mugdock got me inspired to do more riding.

Cheers

Velo

sounds like a great build velo- looking forward to seeing it, I remember it being a nice looking frame IIRC. You have inspired me, I think I will go out tomorrow to, but maybe somewhere localish- the sbike needs a new run out now it has a full set of decals and the tights are calling.

Ment to ask you at mugdock, but do you have any shifters you are looking to sell? Ideally was looking for xt thumbies (damn you Kaiser :evil: ) but since it is for the wee fella open to anything really- gripshit is prob the best option for his wee tottie hands but I dont really like them and I'm trying to keep the miniclockwork retroish :roll: ?

Gazz
You wanting friction or indexed shifters and if the latter how many speeds.
I've got various suntour including a beat up set, but still functional, wishbone 3 x 7speed shifters. The wishbones sit below your bars and allow the thumb to push the lever by first one arm and then the next, ergonomically better than a single lever.
I can also raid the parts bins at local bike recycling centre next weekend.
I have seen Suntour, Shimano (seldom decent ones) and Sachs-Huret Thumbies in there recently.

Cheers

indexed would be best and I think I will go 8 speed- was going to SS the machine but that is prob a bit cruel- he wants to come up to the burrell so I think gears are in order. Thanks for looking.

Gazz, would a rapidfire unit maybe be better? Thumbies do need a bit of jiggery pokery sometimes, just thinking of wee hands.

Macretro 09

Arran
Jedburgh
All the 7stanes
Drumlanrig
SSUK

when you enter any race it really should be under the team name Retrobike:MacRetro Clan or Retrobike.co.uk:MacRetroClan as really that is who we represent and plugging the site can only be good for all of us.

I'm really looking forward to Jedburgh, I might even put the softnose parts on my bike - but that would mean cantilever brakes and no need to carry a headset spanner about :shock:

you are right kaiser- I have xt rapid fires on the Sbike so would swap them over for thumbies if I could only find some xt ones for about a fiver- not much chance of that I suppose :LOL: :LOL:

Looks like a good list of days out this year- Jedburgh looks like it will be fun - north meets south, hands across the border sort of thing.

Was out this morning for a couple of hours on the sbike and had a blast, there are a few nice trails round my way, was lucky to miss the snow which is now really heavy :shock: Anyone else get out? Did you have some time in the braes JH and I'm sure velo was going to brave the elements.

Back