1997? Proflex Reptile

marky2484

Senior Retro Guru
Latest fleabay purchase, any Proflex gurus able to confirm its a '97? Seems in nice original nick, rear elastomer stack replaced last night with replacements from Callum at Rapid Descent Scotland -top guy, top service, useful website, hours of fun stripping the Girvins back to alloy -from unexposed paintwork under washers, looks like they were originally painted bright yellow to match the swingarm, but had faded /totally changed colour to a very nasty s**t brown .......looking better now, but on the mooch for some replacement Givin decals. Looks like original gripshifters and SRAM rear mech -deanodized the black handlebars at the same time ( caustic soda -30 seconds....). Front elastomer stack now comprises 4 x Landrover shock bushes -bouncing very nicely thank you..... :shock:

Attachments

• m_proflex pics 013.jpg
    m_proflex pics 013.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 4,708
  • m_proflex pics 011.jpg
    m_proflex pics 011.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 4,710
  • m_proflex pics 006.jpg
    m_proflex pics 006.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 4,710
  • m_proflex pics 014.jpg
    m_proflex pics 014.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 4,710
The vector forks are in the 1996 range as well as the Reptile, but it could be carried on to 1997. My guess would still be 1996 but I could be off a year.

Looking nice.

The Reptile isn't in my 1996 catalogue but it does look similar to the 656 of that year.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 4,636
From what I remember the first Proflex with coil shock (not elastomers) were 1997, I guess yours is 1996.

Latest posts

Back